Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Has the cartoon industry gone more "kid-friendly"?

Well, as for the Ren and Stimpy scene, characters shoot others in cartoons. The point is it's all done for comedy, and it's usually talking animals. And instead of talking about it, they actually do it (I mean, hasn't SpongeBob torn his limbs off many times?)

The Sym-Bionic Titan episode... well, it's not uncommon to see "sexy" scenes like that, and I've seen characters in children's cartoons wear less (the beach episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender comes to mind). There's also Winx Club, but I've talked about my mom's attempt to ban it enough.

Speaking of SpongeBob, let's not forget the infamous "ripped pants" episode...

And the "sentence enhancers"...

Or the "panty raid".

Don't think you can comapre pro wrestlin trends to animation trends, both appeal to a different set of viewers.

~ ftw

Are you referring to the episode where Sandy is in hibernation and SpongeBob and Patrick go through her stuff?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think he means the episode where Spongebob and Patrick are trying to show Mr Krabs a good time.They end up going on a panty raid, and it turns out to be Mr. Krab's grandma's house they're raiding. Or was it his moms house? I don't remember.

It was his mom's house.

I don't think cartoons are any more or less risque today as they were in the 90's. they still have their little jokes and innuendo and gross scenes. Considering how people always compare old and new cartoons it might just be because you have a bias against newer cartoons or you probably aren't watching them. I've seen tons of comments on other sites about how new cartoons are too "kiddy" and all of their examples can be found in older cartoons as well.

I thought that was because Nick (and society) felt that panty raids weren't a big deal. Now that i think about it how did they get away with that? LOL.

There's also the episode where Spongebob and Mr. Krabs think they murdered the health inspector and try to bury his (not really dead) body.

That doesn't hold a candle to, say, Ren and Stimpy's "The Lord Loves a Hangin'" or Rocko's "Chokey Chicken" restaurants, but that's still pushing the envelope quite a bit.

Oh, and cartoons like Darkwing Duck and The Powerpuff Girls had characters (mostly villians) that not only brandished guns, but guns that fired real ammunition and not lasers. When was the last time THAT happened in a non-adult cartoon?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information