Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tungsten T5 - Complete Review!

strickjh05, your sig says that you have no PPC right now. I assume that means youre previous one broke.

Yeah, that really makes me want a PPC. I'll go get one tomorrow. I see the blue screen of death too many times already.

Actually it means that I traded it in for a monitor becuase I no longer needed any hand held device.

The original reson I purchsed one is becuase my computer was so crappy.

Since I now have a AMD 3000+ 64 bit procesor in a case which contains a GB of ddr400 RAM and 2 80 gig hard drives with a nice 19 in flat monitor, which relies on a radeon 9800 pro video card. All conected to 6 months of Comcast broadband for 6 months...

Yeah, my use for a pocket pc as diminshed.

_john

I've decided to embrace my T5 and live with it because other than the hslog20.dll error, everything else works great and it just feels like it's going to be a good thing. The 650 looks pretty cool, but I'm not ready to give up my darling little cell phone yet
    You guys are not only knowledgable, but fun to talk to!!
    Have a wonderful evening!
    Deonna

The T5 has just become available here in Hong Kong. No, I'm not tempted because of the imminent release of the Treo 650 but the pricing caught my eye and may be of interest.

The T5 sells for about USD407.00 but a "package" with the T5 plus P1's wifi card sells for about USD446.00 ("about" because of exchange rates and my pathetic arithmetical and haggling skills). That suggests a "value" of USD40.00 for the wifi card - which P1 is advertising at USD129.00.

Ryetee

A good friend of mine just got his 650 (after owning his 600 for a short period of time) and he just loves it. I asked him to compare his to my T5 and he said that they have the same OS and unless I needed to eliminate my cell phone, my T5 should be perfect for what I need it to do. He said the 650 has a smaller screen and if my vision was not good with smaller screen, I would probably not like the screen size. The T5 screen is brilliant & my 40 year old eyes don't struggle to see the keyboard! Amazing how much smaller things get w/age! I did try to install Datbk5 on my T5 and had some conduit problems, something about where the files are stored caused a conflict. I'm not techy enough to figure out how to reconfigure it, so I am not going to try to install it again until I either get smarter with this stuff or find really good instructions on how to do it step by step! I put some MP3's on the T5 and with or w/out the headphones, sounds really great! The ability to change to landscape on the T5 makes it really neat too!
    Have I convinced anyone to invest in a T5 yet!!!
    have a great week
    Deonna
    P.S. remember your Vote counts tomorrow! I'm voting for Oprah for president!

Deonna

There's an update for Datebook specifically for the T5 just been posted.

Ryetee

Please tell me where to go for the datebook update for my T5
    thx!
    Deonna
    P.S. Remember your right to VOTE today!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information