Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Hot rumor: The Nokia N8 with Symbian^3

And what were you referring to with the N87 pics?

Lol, that sums it up to what I was saying. Symbian will become fragmented with all of the firmwares. They will have S40, S60, S^1 - S^6, how will everyone know (consumers in particular) if their current device can update to the most recent one. N97 users, sorry but no S^3 for you.
    The funny thing is, why even bother updating/upgrading since your device won't even be able to run all of the features with the low-spec hardware?

As long as AT&T keeps their mitts off the ability to use Joikuspot, I could live with it.

It's the only app that really keeps me staying with Nokia. Once that goes, so will I.

Seriously, this isn't Nexus One that comes in two different versions - one for AT&T and one for T-Mobile.. hopefully it's not like that. And why DOES the Nexus One come like that anyways?

If Symbian^3 can compete, the hardware sounds nice. The problem right now is that Android, and even Maemo, seem to have such a headstart. I hope this turns out well though, it'd be nice for Nokia to release a truly lustworthy, competitive phone.

Well, we are the ones who decide if it looks outdated or not. It's like this. Are you using Windows 95, or Windows 7? (not really sure if your a Mac person lol). Same thing applies to mobile OSes.
    You also have to think about those who aren't geeky/nerdy/"smart" enough to change their home screen (ie mod it, theme it, skin it, etc) and thus want a good looking stock home screen and OS. As for the few of us who understand how to change it and even design it (ie icons - shape, style, color, etc) we don't really care about the stock interface since we can change it, but there are times where you just don't feel like changing it and revert back to the stock interface.

Yes I do swap batteries, why else would I mention it if it didn't matter?

lol.. fair enough.

Let's hope it/something comes out earlier than September.. And Eldar (I assume you are referring to his tweet) is often referring to Russia, not the whole world necessarily.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

N97 and X6 run 5th Edition. I just named four FP2 phones that had the issue and it was never fixed. I won't be holding my breath.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information