Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is AT&T rebooting your phone and draining your batt?

Cool, though most parts of SD seem just fine.

I suppose I should have noticed this earlier, since my N97 was indicating an active packet data connection and Wifi... lol took me a day to realize what was going on.

My spouse's 6650 started doing this recently in NYC. I've had one or two random reboots with my 95-3.

My comments above were not meant to be in derogation of the comments and arguments of others in the thread.

I am merely relating a personal experience whereby one might reasonably deduce that the rebooting that some of us experience is related to something other than the network.

People who are better educated that I am and who are convinced that their issues are related to the extra channel on the network will know better than I do about what it is they are describing, and I do not mean to appear to be arguing with them.

Been having issues for months with my E71-2 in Miami. I did a hard reset and the problem continued.

What I have noticed that it is a "soft reboot" in that I am not asked for the SIM PIN or phone PIN, but the screen goes black and then goes to the white NOKIA splash screen.

I just called a local corporate store and they said they carry E71x....

I've complained about this several times on this forum, my E71 will reboot during a dowload or in the middle of a 3G call. I keep my device locked to UMTS so I only use the 3G network but it only happens when I am in the Philadelphia city limits and not out in the suburbs where I work. Now it seems this is a network issue? Doesn't surprise me too much I guess. Wonder how prevelent this is on the Roger's network...

Although this is a relatively old post. Im going to throw some input in here to. I have a N96-3 with what I believe to be the most up-to-date software. Version: 30.033 Software version date: 18-06-09 Custom Version 30.033.216.3 Custom Date 07-07-09 Type RM-472.

Prior to going on vacation and since I own it the phone will probably restart at least once a week. While traveling abroad on a 3g network Philippines and Thailand didnt have one problem with the phone. In fact, it had worked smoother and quicker with less problems then ever before. Coming back to the US-pop in my ATT sim card and the problems restarting and being sluggish come right back. Im in the Chicago-Land Area... I really think it's ATT not liking unlocked/unbranded phones on their network

Yea, my rebooting is not related to the network either, just another set of circumstances (running python, a network prog that accesses it, and Google maps). I wasn't clear on this when i started this thread. But after following it as others post their experiences, it really does seem that there is an issue in certain parts of the network (where 3rd channel is potentially deployed) that cause the e71 to glitch out and reboot as people reported it happening in those areas, while the phone was fine in others, or other Nokia models were fine.

The user must take the proper steps though to figure out why the phone is rebooting, and not just assume that it is network related.

E71 is famous for rebooting :eek

I replaced my Nokia E71-2 with an HTC S743 and have 0 issues. No reboots. I have the $15 data plan and can tether fine with my PC and get 2mbps speeds. The issue is Nokia.

I have and unbranded Nokia 5800 and also an E63, Never any reboots in New York...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information