Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia X6

Nokia X6

My N85 has literally started falling apart, I was thinking about an X6 as a replacement...the Nseries still looks like a good deal with a good camera and gobs of cheap ATT data.

The one thing that annoys me most often about the N85 is the wonky way each application prompts for the internet connection. Has this improved on the updated OS on the X6?

I realize N8 and Symbian^3 might be the ultimate solution, but I'm not sure this phone will last that long. I also tried BirdStep's Smartconnect on the N85, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with Joikuspot Premium and Mobbler.

Anyhow, if someone can tell me the situation's improved on the X6 with v5, I think I'll check it out while it's under 300.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

Yes I use the new Sportstracker on my X6, the old one worked as well.

Nokia X6

No NAM update available fore the RM-551 yet. Only for RM-559.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

Is there predictive text in landscape qwerty?

Nokia X6

I am happy with both keyboards. I do use the T9 a lot, but with the landscape on the X6, you need to hit the button just slightly to the left of the button and it hits it perfectly and you can type fast.

I think the signal strength is fantastic. I get 3.5G service in NYC area all the time and the battery life is nice. Touchscreen phones always have worse battery life, compared to my E71, Blackberry 9000 or Blackberry 9700 the battery sucks. Compared to phones like my 9502 or HTC Touch Diamond, its blows it away.

Remember, when you get a new phone you tend to play with it a lot more and thats going to kill your battery fast. I also grab a seidio extended battery that fits OEM and that makes me a happy camper.

Nokia X6

I've had my X6 for about a week now and I've been pretty happy with it.

First and foremost, I love having the larger screen size. I realize it is small compared to some of the newest phones on the market, but it's a big step up from the N82. It makes using Ovi Maps, using the internet, and viewing pics and videos much easier.

I have mixed feelings about using a touchscreen device (this is my first one). I like using touch to launch apps, select contacts, scroll through lists, documents, and web pages, etc. I don't like all the smudges and fingerprints that get on the screen (I'll have to make sure I carry a microfiber cloth with me), and selecting smaller font items, especially links, can be frustrating at times.

The overall UI/OS seems pretty snappy. I'm satisfied with it for my needs anyway. RAM at boot-up is about 50 MB with only JbakTaskman running. It goes down to about 40 MB after a day's use with everything closed. I do wish it had a clock screensaver.

The S60 web browser is decent in v5. There can be some lag at times when loading large web sites. I've found you need to be patient and let the pages fully load otherwise the touch interface and kinetic scrolling can be a bit sporadic. Some of this may be RAM related. Opera Mobile works well, but I'm not a heavy user.

Loudspeaker sound quality is very good. Their position, facing more toward the rear of the phone, can affect how loud it is when I have it in my dash mount and trying to hear the navigation commands. Fortunately, their peak volume is good.

I haven't used the camera much, but I did take several pics just to give it a try. The performance is satisfactory for most of my needs - maybe a bit more noise than the N82, but I don't expect the quality of a DSLR or even a good Point & Shoot. I haven't done any side-by-side comparisons to quantify this, though.

So, overall, a very nice phone, but I'm glad I didn't pay more than $250 for it.

Nokia X6

I did not know they had a new Sportstracker. What all did they change?

Anywho I have had my heart set on getting an HTC Hero for the past year or so but now that I see this device I am not so sure about it anymore. I have been a Nokia fan for a while now having owned an e50, e51, n76 and now an e71-1. Some of the specs I see online about this phone and confusing, what are the 3G bands? Some sites say 850/900/1900/2100 and some say 900/1900/2100. I have the 1900 in my area but 850 near by so it would be nice to get 3G everywhere.

Has anyone come from an e71, and what were your experiences?

Nokia X6

No predictive text with full the keyboard.

Nokia X6

Nokia X6

I had the 5800, N97 and N97 Mini and the X6 blows them all away. It runs really smoothly, battery life is good, great radio for calls and im hitting 3.5G 90% of the time.

I was let down with most S50V5 phones, I went to get the N900 but it didnt have AT&T 3G 850/1900 so I had to return it, so I got the X6. I have a Bold 9700 and I am so much happier with the X6.

I dont need physical keyboard, so I actually like it better than the N97 and speed and multiple application wise, it blows the 5800 away.

The camera is also the best Nokia camera ive used since the N82.

Obviously everyone will have their opinions. The phone reminds me of the HTC Touch Diamond/HD2, but with Symbian. Yes, the N97s homescreen was a tad better but the N97 crashed and would freeze, so ill take a stable phone over a few less available apps on the homescreen. It also comes with free voice navigation for life which was pretty cool.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information