Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Flipje
    Flipje
's Avatar

GUIDE: How to flash your F480 Tocco

The only option,is to take the card out.
    The notification that card is inserted is rom specified.
    Software version F480 XXHF7 is perfect.
    Even battery time last longer.
    XXHF7 means XX= All European market H= year 2008 F=Juin 7=version
    And yes Photo sliding is much more faster.
    SMS words has now 2295 characters.
    Software is steady and reliable.

I,m verry happy with it.
    Everybody again thanks,for software and bootloader,this is what it make,s great fun.

IrvOoo
    IrvOoo
's Avatar

Thanks, but these don't work on the F480, not with Multiloader anway, it gives the following error.....

Download Start Ch[0]
    ERR : NAK_INVALID_LEN 0
    ERR : Amss Erase

Then just simply reboots the phone without changing anything - no adverse affects, the phone works as it did before trying the flash.

IrvOoo
    IrvOoo
's Avatar

I'm suprised the two of you who have flashed/commented on the latest firmware don't see any difference in menu speeds (or even slower??????) bizzare this as mine is quite noticably quicker on most including the browser, although a I said earlier there are a couple of the 'block' menus which are as laggy as before.

I think the problem may be, if anyone is expecting iphone/ipod touch UI on the samsung they may be slightly dissapointed, I've had both and they are indeed amazing for the way they operate with the touch of a finger, the F480 is very close (& better than any other apple like I've tried) but the more I use it I've found the 'touch experience' operates in a slightly different way, some of the menus & browser for example don't like the swipe up/down movement so much, if u keep your finger on the screen and move it slightly up or down then things start to make more sense, the browser in particualr works fantastically with that method I'm now finding.

And yes there is a T9 option on the samsung along with some other settings I haven't played with yet.

The font, yeh I thought it was slightly less bold but it doesn't bother me tbh.

As for the camera, haven't had chance to test but when I do I'll report back.

Damsl123
    Damsl123
's Avatar

Hi

Is the use of the word 'bootloader' another name for the MultiLoader???

Please advise

Degeneratemoo
    Degeneratemoo
's Avatar

I'm on Orange E2 firmware with the F480 and having the call drop problem (will make calls but tend to drop at around 17 seconds).

Does the F7 firmware fix this problem?

Mac Sami
    Mac Sami
's Avatar

Great guide - just flashed my phone with the F480XXHF7 firmware, and the phone is a bit quicker, with improved camera quality.

Thanks.

T.Yoshi
    T.Yoshi
's Avatar

Does anyone knows why my phone says "SGH-F480L" instead "SGH-F480"??

WestHej
    WestHej
's Avatar

Sorry dude, I'm not sure why it went wrong or how it can be fixed (though I'm sure it can). I suspect you may have to flash your boot files though please wait for someone else to confirm this.

Loc111
    Loc111
's Avatar

okey, why did you pick that version firmware as it doesnt seem to be the latest on here - or does it? is the last 2 figures the actual version? ie mine is D3? what was your version before flashing?

Mines a O2 so isnt branded at all i dont think. brother has a Vodaphone and that has some different menu things arranged, so is branded I guess

Can you test something for me pls, when playing a video the titl of the video is displayed constantly on screen, I have to rename it to something like ^.mp4 so as to sort of hide it, does this still happen on your new version now?

Can you go landscape on the inbuilt browser now? or do you use another browser?

I might be tempted if it sorts out the camera (did yours have probs before? what?) and sorts out the video title thing.

Can you change the shortcut button, the middle bottom button to what you choose it be?

cheers

Loc111
    Loc111
's Avatar

I hope your right and one is released officially. Who did you speak to? I will ring as well if you give me name/dept/contact section/contact number. the more people ask and bug them they'll know its needed.

I would rather do it the proper Sasmung way though, i will wait for the 2 weeks, I just think now that the Tocco is "old" news for Samsung, with the Omnia, InnoV8 thing coming out, not sure if they'll keep making firware for it, I really hop ehtey do thou.

i'll wait for 2 weeks, although Im nervous again now incase of flasing with the F7 and it not being supported by O2 for warranty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information