Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you believe that "Under God" should be removed from the Pledge in public schools?

Both of you. Seriously, why must i do your hw?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_poll7.htm#gen

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you believe that "Under God" should be removed from the Pledge in public schools?

I believe all religin should be removed from schools, including the pledge of alliegence. I, as a child, didn't say the "under G-d" part of the pledge. This nation was formed under the right of freedom of religion. I understand that most people believe in G-d, and I'm one of them, but there are also many unreligious children and children with different beliefs in those schools. If I were one of them, I would feel very uncomfortable in class. I might even feel oppressed or pressured into changing my beliefs.

The message I'm getting from this part of the pledge is that this nation was formed on the belief of monotheism. Though this might be true, the constitution says that religion should be separate from laws education, etc.

I know that, as long as there is religion, people will try to include it in education, despite the constitution. I can't change that, but I can disagree with it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think you underestimate the intelligence of a 6 year old and what they can comprehend...............

And that 6 year old is not only the people but the future which makes it even more imperative that he or she know the sacrafices others have made to make this country the great country it is........

I am not surprised you call it brainwashing though.......

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

But this is a pledge to the country, and one of the modifiers of the country is "under God". This means that to pledge allegiance to the country you have to believe that it's under God. The quote I post again and again here is "'Under God' gives the same status to atheists as justice gives to perpetrators of injustice, freedom gives to tyrants, and indivisible gives to those wishing to divide the country". Just because god encompasses many religions does NOT mean it is ok. Not everyone believes in a god.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could you also factor in Church attendance to work out how many Christians there are in America ?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The people who don't believe in God will someday wish that they had.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's not just saying it that can be bad, but it's the whole atmosphere at the school.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think so. No matter what happens I control my actions and my life. I know I am responsable for everything that happens to me and that bad stuff that happens to me is my fault, not some guy in the sky. Also if I do something good, I take credit for my own work, I don't praise some guy in the sky. I follow the same morals you do, minus praying and church. I don't lie, I don't steal, and I don't do this stuff because I'm afraid of hell. I do it because I know it's the right thing to do and if there is a God, he would understand. If he won't understand, than he doesn't deserve me praying to him anyway.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I'm glad to see you reject your earlier claim that you knew what was right.

Since you belittle bible followers (with the phrase

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The 6 year old doesn't get an option though do they? Must that six year old know what sacrafices will be made of them for the country against their wishes? Or is part of the whole sacrefice of previous generations so they can have that choice, talking about the supposed 'land of the free' here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information