Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spill Your Guts II: What You Think About MB Members' Taste In Music

Another great idea by Veridical Fiction.

Tell us what you think of your fellow meraber's taste in music. Heres my example...

• jackhammer: His tastes range from metal to jazz, the latter of which I give him great respect for. I'm not the biggest metal fan, to be honest I don't know a thing about the genre, but I'm sure his picks are more tasteful than the godawful ones that come to mind when I think of metal.
    • FaSho: Very simular tastes to mine, somehow managed to find Black Monk Time "boring" though...
    • BooBoo: I'm horridly ignorant of prog, mostly because the "biggest names" in the genre seem to bore me to death. But that's not entirely fair since I haven't given a single prog album a good solid listen.
    • Mirrorball95: We agree on one thing: Tea Leaf Green. That's it.

While making this I suddenly realized... I hardly know a thing about what ya'll listen to.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nonsense! (he said cranking up the volume on Exile On Main Street for the gazillionth time)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

why is it fun to find music on the internet? i always preferred the listening part.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Haha, IRL I'm quite laid back. MammaStunt has always said "You're so laid back, you're horizontal." I guess I just come off a bit serious on here sometimes. I always got the impression you didn't like me, that upset me dearly. Glad to know you do!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

In the sense of redefining art in their given medium?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'zactly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks, will download!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll give this a spin, sorry if I offend/get a totally wrong impression of you.

Loose_Lips: A man who loves his shoegaze. Also has a knack for finding very obscure, older music. His tastes deviate a lot from this board, and his posts related to music often go under-replied because of this which is a shame.

CanwllCorfe (how DO you say that anyway?): Sometimes it's hard to believe you're only a year older than me. Your favorite banRAB are so obscure they make my last.fm charts look like the top 40. Although our tastes are very different, I trust what you recommend to the board as it has all been top-notch in my book. Be it gentle arabient works or black metal.

( . Y . ) (boo boo): Famously a prog fan but there's more underneath that guise. He may rag on stereotypical indie a lot, but he will give most anything a chance and may surprise people with what he likes.(I mean, did ANYBODY see NMH and Wilco on his Top 101 coming?). He neeRAB to give another Nick Drake album a shot though.

Anteater: I don't think there's anybody on this board who can find obscure prog and Japanese banRAB better than this guy. If you're into music that's sounRAB like it's from bizarro-world and he posts a link, you'd best click on it. However, he does tend to treat things a tad objectively but with all the good music he posts I can live with that. =)

khfreek: We recommend music to each other often, so we share many favorite banRAB and artists. However his roots are more firmly planted in punk than mine are, and he can take guttural vocals better than I can. NeeRAB moar 'girly' music though.

Fasho: From what I can tell, he came to rab and immediately started expanding his taste. He checked out every genre, giving everything a fair listen, then ultimately found his niche in indie and its affiliations. His tastes are still very diverse though and you should never assume that he doesn't listen to something as he may surprise you.

Awwsugar: When you look at her posts regarding music, it's hard to put her in any sort of stereotypical box. She listens to a contrast of radio pop and more obscure music. So while she may post about Lady Gaga, she'll also post about Sigh or Sigur Ros. She likes what she likes and isn't going to compromise to fit into any sort of group and I can definitely respect that.

I may do more later.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You obviously haven't seen the success of the other Spill Your Guts thread. You don't realize it, but I've created a phenomenon. lol...

Btw, Sonace, it's Veridical Fiction.

Edit:
    You moderators thrill me. On point, you are. Amazing.
    So let's get this going!

You guys don't need to know everyone's musical preferences... Just know the one's who've made an impression on you. Let's stop holding back our opinion of their favorite banRAB... The truth will set you free, right? At the very least, it will make one hell of a read.
    Go nuts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information