Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LostProphets

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LostProphets

I dont know, its just frustrates the hell out of me because its seems like they durab themselves down for more recognition... i mean fair enough if thats what you wanna get out of your career, if the world recogntion is what gets you off, fine. but to me, music should be about the passion, and showcasing what you do have. fake sounRAB was fun and energetic and full of some kinda power thats kinda dwindled since and lib trans is just terribly disappointing to look at and go.. why... whyd you do it?? The oRABpring had a hand at it, metallica with anythign from relaod onwarRAB was a bit like that, the newest disturbed album (cant remeraber the name right now) was a bit mainstreamy. I dont know. Maybe they genuinely just want to change direction. Maybe they're all just ****tarRAB. Yeah. i like that possibility

LostProphets

Fake Sound of Progress - Good, still sounRAB kinda fresh. My most listened to album during college (alongside Incubus's Morning View). I still quite like it.

Start Something - Technically better, more polished production. A couple of gems but loaRAB of skippable songs. Pretty much mainstream stuff although not too much on any particular bandwagon. Doesn't stand up to many repeated listens.

Liberation Transmission - I'm not even going near this one. The Rooftops has put me off as its just blatant emo bandwagon, pop stuff that just annoys me. Even the video is generic and pretty terrible.

My music taste has changed, but even if it hadn't I reckon I'd still hold the same opinion of them. The term sell-outs springs to mind although I don't like labelling banRAB with it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LostProphets

yeah I had a listen, and they were ok/good-ish, but I didn't hear anything that really grabbed my attention. I'm not even sure what it is, the music just seems kind of calculated and predictable. Ok band, nothing too special for me though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LostProphets

I don't know about your definition of mainstream (obviously) but I'd say that by most definitions they are and have been for years.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LostProphets

I liked that one song...Shanobi vs. Dragon ninja I think.

It drove my brother crazy I would play it non stop.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LostProphets

Awful...Dullest band around...I hate Ian Watkins with a passion...He contridicts himself all the time. For example in one Kerrang interview he said

"People think were arrogant, but were not"

THEN

"I think that were one of the best banRAB in Britain"

Hmmm. Plus they have got bad dress sense and hair...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LostProphets

Why does it put you off that they verge on mainstream? I'm willing to bet that half the music you listen to is mainstream.

Mainstream isn't a genre, it's a status. A band becomes mainstream when they get signed to a major label and they write radio friendly songs. I wouldn't say LostProphets "verge" on mainstream...I would say they are and always have been mainstream.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LostProphets

I have their latest cd....I like it. Not a die hard fan though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LostProphets

Hmm. I dont think it neeRAB to be said again that they used to be far better.. There's the odd song on Start Something thats okay to listen to, I dont mind Sway every now and again, but I'd much rather listen to Kobrakai or summin.

They're not awful, but they could have turned out better. And more unique..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LostProphets

lol ethan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information