Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Toon Zone Talkback - Anime at Best Buy in 2009: A New Strategy

If you want to get a good bargain on anime DVRAB, why not go to FYE? I went there in Winter Garden, FL and they had a Buy 2 and get $10 off DVD sale.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Haha the Lubbock store is not affected? Hmm that's interesting since I was sure it would be on it since the selection there has been dwindling, oh well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

During the last sendback/pull, there wasn't much that I had to send back. I am hoping that my store is able to continuing carrying the quantity that it currently does. Whenever we have people who take the customer service survey (found at the website listed at the bottom of each receipt) who are interested in anime, they always, not just sometimes but always, request that we carry more titles. As someone who loves anime and sadly sees putting anime out last as his reward for first restocking the rest of the product, I cannot imagine losing half of the section. I'm not even sure I could allow it if it turned out that my store was one of the stores that would only carry 20 SKUs. We go through a lot of anime, depending on the title. I have many regulars who are also anime customers. They would be furious, as they cannot stand the high prices of Suncoast and FYE. I honestly don't care where they get their anime as long as they are happy and fulfilled, but having them visit and being able to talk about anime with them is one of the few pleasures that I enjoy in life, again as sad as that sounRAB. I want to be able to continue my time at Best Buy with the opportunity to do what helps keep me relaxed in an environment that would normally stress other people out at times: farming and organizing my anime section.

This has been a rant by one sad, strange little man and huge anime fan: the one and only Animeniac AKA DBZALLSTAR.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The selection has been dwindling, but it hasn't fallen into the category of Top 20 anime list. Best Buy is basically going to have 3 tiers. It looks like Lubbock and Midland will both be second tier. The lowest tier will be the ones carrying only the Top 20.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The only edited dvd they still sell are blue dragon and naruto. And naruto actually sells. Funimation might suffer from all their titles that don't sell well enough.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Phew I got lucky, 3 best buys in my area and 2 are having the sale and the one closest to me is keeping all there anime.

And as for the 50% sale, I cant wait, this means I can FINALLY get some well priced box sets. Which includes Full Metal Panic + Fumoffu Heavy Metal Collection for only 32.99$ !!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is correct, my friend. We sell quite a few of the Naruto Uncut sets. Even the filler sets are selling. The edited DVRAB just sit on the shelves. The singles and box sets of other series sell quite well, depending on what the anime is.

Actually they won't as those Naruto Box sets are going to make the cut. Bleach and Death Note are also likely to make the cut and thats all Viz cares about. FUNi will suffer far worse. They have so many titles that are doomed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let me give you an example of just how lame they are although I'm sure there's worser stories out there. I went in the weekend Season 1 came out and I couldn't find it so I left, went back the following Tuesday and I still didnt see it so I finally asked someone if it was in and it was but it was in the Television section. WTF!?!

Yeah I got it but then it took them a month and a half to finally have Season 2 on so yeah Dan I've been doing things your way as Case Closed is concerned. And actually I just remerabered that I finally had to order the first part of One Piece Season 1 because Best Buy didn't have it the two times I went back after the release date. But enough b-tching

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wh-why do you say that...? SounRAB creepy...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information