Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    michellev1970

what is going on with this pain?

I have read over all of the post here and I am so glad I did; I thought I was crazy I kept telling my PCP about my stomach pain and he just said it was gas... NO it was not gas, he finally referred me to gastrologist and I have severe esophogitis, my voice has been going hoarse for over a year, they did the endoscopy to find out. He put me on previcid and told me to stop smoking and drinking... I don't smoke or drink, so I am trying out this medication and I see him again in a week to find out the rest of the results. I am not glad anyone is going thru this same pain, I wished everyone was pain free but I am certainly glad that I read this post the pain some of you guys have is exactly what I feel...

bride527

I am sure that they didn't tell you anything. They want the dr. to call you. i hate the waiting..
    I called my dr. today to ask if i should continue with the Prilisec even though all tests came back normal, (GI , ultrasound)....she said to stop and if the pain comes back (not that it has really gone).......she would like to do an endoscope. I told her that i think my pain is muscular, she says she thinks so too. But if it continues she wants me to call her. What would the endoscope show that the GI did not......bride527

Em55

Thanks! My stomach is feeling a little bit better, but there is a flu going around and i think i came down with it today. Yuck. Not what i need, missed enough school as is. Sorry Tammy that they arent helping!

michmob

Hi everyone, Ive read through all the posts and have got great assurance from them, Ive had chest pain and reflux for years and have had endoscopy and ultrasound (abdominal) all came back normal, I was taken zoton and was getting no releif so I stopped it and just take gaviscon now but my problem is the pain, Ive been getting it for years and it still floors me every time. It makes me soooo anxious, Im dreading going to bed tonight as Ive had a particularly bad day pain wise. Ive become aggrophobic in the past from this constant chest pain and I'm fed up going to docs and having tests..........thanks for listening any help would be apreciated

TEdds83

Good luck Em! I will pray for you! You will get it figured out. I don't want there to be anything wrong in there, so we will pray for that result. But I do understand that it would be nice to figure it out and maybe if they find a hernia or ulcer they can treat it and it would explain while you are feeling so bad.

Mine showed nothing, but I still have reflux and my breathing is effected and I get a sore chest. Those things are real So I just have to treat it on my own and keep it under control. Otherwise I will have to find other doctors to check things around this area in my body and see what's going on. Kind of a process of elimination.

You will be fine honey. Are you doing the endoscopy? Or just swallowing something. I am not sure if I read wether you are or not. It seems that you weren't planning on that just yet. Anyhow...you will be fine! Hugs!:angel:

TEdds83

Have you tried a wedge? I know alot of people here don't recommend them because of the tummy crunching thing. But I bought one off of Amazon and quite honestly it has been fantastic for me. It has eliminated relfux in the night for me. I don't wake up with any in my mouth and my stomach feels pretty good in the morning. For me it works well. It just depenRAB on the person. Just a thought.

Also I have been soaking in the lavendar epson salts all weekend. They have helped my sore behind from the IBS. I have had a bout of it this weekend. It relaxed my whole body and is helping with healing. Good stuff! I thank God for these products.

vh90453

I had similar pain to you and after endoscopy was diagnosed with mild gastritis, small hiatus hernia and reflux.I take nexium which controls the lot. The procedure was nothing. Good luck.

Em55

HI, i also have a ton of pain. I used to have it on the sides, but that has mostly gone away. I am on nexium and zantac. I still have a ton of pain all the time right on top of my stomach. My doctors think i have a hiatal hernia and i was supposed to go for an upper gi, but now my doctors office is saying they dont treat hiatal hernias so now i am still trying to get an appointment there to see if she is going to at least send me for the upper gi and make sure that is what is wrong.

TEdds83

The flu is going around here too. I pray I don't get it. Sorry you got it Em.
    I guess I am taking Pepcid, not Previcid. I get the names all wrong. I took another one today. So far so good.

Em55

That is great to hear! what are they going to do now for your pain?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information