Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secrets1983

Day 4 cold turkey from 400mg+ oxy per day

Great attitude Ice! One day at a time is the right way to do it buddy! I wish you nothing but the best and honestly if you could make it thru what you already have then you can make it thru the aftercare successfully! I really do have faith in you. You have so much to be proud of Ice.

I am doing alright. Physically I am still struggling with pain but emotionally things seem to be getting better day by day. I am so lucky to have the husband I do because if not for him, I would have completely fallen apart. If I could just get my body to heal now, I would be doing pretty good considering. Thanks for your concern.

Keep doing what you are doing Ice! Sometimes even hour by hour or minute by minute is what you will need to do to get thru a day but with your strength you have all the tools to make it thru!

Blessings!

icehouse3z

hey reach, yes your 100% right on the aftercare. im not gona make excuses cuz id only be fooling myself. now i do have insurance, im wondering if i should look for places through their website. i know theres privacy acts in place, i really would prefer if my employer did not find out i was in any type of rehab, even outpatient. i know they say they dont discriminate but we all know they do. iam looking up some places in my city right now and writing #'s down to call tomorrow, i know life will have some curve balls coming my way as they do for all of us, thats just life. i know how quickly people can fall back into the trap, ive slipped many times. but iam enjoying being sober, im not saying the cravings may not hit hard in the future, and thats were the aftercare plays an important part. so tomorrow will be phone call day, hope you have a good week, geez were goin into march tomorrow! unreal :wave:

icehouse3z

feelin a little down today but tryin to stay strong

Secrets1983

HOLY COW!

THe hair all over my body is standing straight up! YOU ARE AMAZING! Honestly, that was a very large amount to go cold turkey from... I can't even believe this! I don't think you know how proud of yourself you should be.

For once Secrets is SPEACHLESS!!!!!! Take a bow buddy and KUP!
    Blessings,

icehouse3z

Hey guys, Iam back but wish i had better news to give, I did relapse and ended up going back to the oxys and percs, i had my last 2 perc's this morning around 7. the fun is just beginning yet again for me. i dont know why i put myself through this, I was doing so well and starting to feel good and "normal" again, i started using again jan 12th, i took 2 10mg perc's while i was at work, i went from clear headed to a space cadet. the strange thing is was after taking the percs i didnt like how i felt. but the problem was those 2 percs and it started my cycle again. if i would have just stopped then it would have just been a small step back and id be almost a month clean by now. but iam starting the whole process again. i stopped posting because i felt ashamed, everybodys encouraging worRAB helped. for those who have been able to kick this for good i salute you. i used to be a heavy drinker but havent had a drink in 4 years and have no desire for that. its just painkillers, i dont even like the dang things like i did before. well anybody whos gettin ready to withdraw just know im right here in the same boat, pretty sad that i can predict what symptoms to expect, im trying not to get down on myself but i do feel like i let myself down, as well as other people that care about me in my life, ive blocked out most of my frienRAB, i just need to put this bs behind me for good

icehouse3z

Hey just checkin in. Glad your gettin through it Secretes. one day at a time is how have have to approach things sometimes. been busy with work, TGIF!! i plan to just relax this weekend, watch some college hoops, i have a few erranRAB i need to run as well, nice weather here so ill besure to get some sun on my skin. forgot how good that feels....drug haze robs you of all that! you dont even notice all the little things in life that end up being the best. gota run, take care!

icehouse3z

just a quick update, im at 50 hours since taking any opiates. i think i feel a little better, i slept a little better than i thought, very broken sleep though, an hour here then wake up, but most the time im tossing and turning. with w/d's have been a little different this time, i was sneezing and blowing my nose all day yesterday and a little today, and have had bouts of slight nausea from time to time.

-Ice

icehouse3z

lol i didnt even catch that

reachout

Hey Music

You have a quick wit there and a sharp eye! Good one.

Laughing
    reach

reachout

Hi Ice

In your worRAB:

I hope that i can inspire or give hope to even just one person.

Ice, when you post, you inspire people like me who have found sobriety as well as those looking for it still. Sobriety, there is nothing like it, but unless we remeraber in our sobriety what it was like before, it would be so easy to slip. I am appreciative of every kind word I receive because I do truly care that others can find peace and restoration in sobriety also. But just as importantly, I need to read and help others along for my own sobriety. As I share the lessons I have learned, it helps reinforce them in myself.

Withdrawal is a lot of really hard work. It is just as important and hard after accomplishing it, though, to continue the work on ourselves. We continue to grow only if we continue to interact with one another and share.

Continue to share, Ice, and know that each post you write may be the one that helps someone turn a life around for the better... or to keep it turned.

Hugs
    reach

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information