Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Arthur - "Popular Girls/Buster's Growing Grudge"

"Popular Girls" is one of my best Arthur episodes that has Fern in it besides the recent "Fern and Persimmony Glitchett" (Season 10).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Season 3 Arthur episode "Popular Girls/Buster's Growing Grudge" may have been banned from 2004-2005 on my Chicago PBS Kids station (The "Popular Girls/Buster's Growing Grudge" Arthur episode aired at 7:30 AM on the Chicago PBS Kids station this morning), but now I hope the Season 11 Arthur episodes "Buenas Noches, Vicita/Prunella Packs it In" and "Phony Fern/Brain's Shocking Secret" are not temporary banned from airing on the Chicago PBS Kids station.

I don't see what it could have been banned for.

Do you remember the banned Postcards from Buster episode "Sugartime" that aired on PBS Kids stations only once then withdrawn due to a same sex married couple in the episode and later ended up on a Postcards from Buster DVD?

I completely agree with this. I can deal with anthros (anthropomorphic animals) for the most part. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are animals who walk on 2 legs and talk like people and have held the occasional paying job, but they still give in to their animal urges; Daffy flies south for the winter and lives in a pond. Bugs eats carrots and lives in a hole in the ground. Both characters are routinely set upon by human hunters. Arthur and the gang at Ellwood City, on the other hand, are beyond anthros. They don't just wear scraps of clothing, they wear full wardrobes, including pants, shoes and underwear. They live in suburban houses. They go to school, and even visited a zoo in one episode. And without shoes they all have human feet and hands! The characters on Arthur are even human enough to have races and religions; in the Christmas episode, Francine celebrated Channukah and Brain celebrated Kwanzaa. What's the point of even making them animals if you're going to "humanize" them that much?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information