Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fish Warrior??! Gimme a fuckin' break, you 'extreme' douchebags

Quote Originally Posted by singular1 View Post
    I've only seen one River Monster, but I was impressed - the guys were "noodlin'", which is using your fat fingers as bait for 250# catfish! Now that deserved the title "extremely nuts".
    My uncle used to do that. I've never understood why.

Kobal2

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
    (seriously though, you guys have got fishing shows ? I think the old "watching paint dry" standard's been topped. Which is pretty extreme.)
    We also have hunting shows. Which is even less exciting than it sounds. It consists mostly of some guy sitting behind a bush waiting for a deer or a turkey to show up. Unless he's hunting on a ranch or something, in which case it consists of some guy sitting up in a tree near the (filled) feeding station waiting for a deer or an elk.
    Yeah, but at least there you have the prospect of gun violence. Gore, cruelty, military fatigues and needless animal suffering, good times man. Unless they're fishing with hand grenades, the most exciting stuff that can happen while fishing is your line going slightly taut by itself, and maybe Cletus yelling "Oh, it's a big'un !" while he's reeling it in.

Vinyl Turnip

I bought an oxymoronic protein bar once that was EXTREME VANILLA!!! flavor. True story. Tasted like vanilla shit.

Driver8

How do you feel about Extreme Ironing?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm gonna quit working and be extremely unemployed.

Gasp delightedly as I wake at 10 AM! Look on in wonder as I slink into the money-saving movie matinee! Recoil in horror as I buy generic brand foods and ride my bike to save mony on gas! Sob pathetically observing me in my native environment, alone and unloved, with nothing but a cheap paperback to while away the evening hours.

If it ain't a reality show yet, it probably will be. Because it's cheap to produce and that's the bottom line.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

(seriously though, you guys have got fishing shows ? I think the old "watching paint dry" standard's been topped. Which is pretty extreme.)
    We also have hunting shows. Which is even less exciting than it sounds. It consists mostly of some guy sitting behind a bush waiting for a deer or a turkey to show up. Unless he's hunting on a ranch or something, in which case it consists of some guy sitting up in a tree near the (filled) feeding station waiting for a deer or an elk.
    Yeah, but at least there you have the prospect of gun violence. Gore, cruelty, military fatigues and needless animal suffering, good times man. Unless they're fishing with hand grenades, the most exciting stuff that can happen while fishing is your line going slightly taut by itself, and maybe Cletus yelling "Oh, it's a big'un !" while he's reeling it in.
    Well, I did watch (sort of, sideways while working at home) a show the other day with some guys fishing Marlins, they had some very impressive footage of the huge fish jumping off the water. In the end the fish actually jumped into the boat and nearly loped the fisherman's head off*. I was cheering for the fish at that point.

*The "sword" hit him on the face, and cut open one of his cheeks. Pretty serious but the guy recovered.

conway

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
    I bought an oxymoronic protein bar once that was EXTREME VANILLA!!! flavor. True story. Tasted like vanilla shit.
    Well, in the protein bar's defense, shit is an extreme flavor.

Vinyl Turnip

Pfft. Philistine.

NinjaChick

I recently met a friend's mother, who is an anesthesiologist in a rural area. We were chatting about her work, and she said that when hunting season starts, they inevitably get a rush of broken bones in her ER. Why? Guys go up in stands in the trees and bring a cooler with perhaps some adult beverages. Eventually, they need to relieve themselves, so they walk up to the edge of the stand, piss, and sometimes plummet down to the ground.

So I think there is still one unexplored XTREEEEEEM!!! market here: "Watch drunk guys fall out of trees whilst urinating on themselves".

Boyo Jim

Are we talking extreme pissers, or extreme pisser watchers?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information