Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "

Elite 09

"&#-6164;a carte" packages

Is this A la carte only available to subs in Quebec or is it available accross canada to everyone?

Thanks in advance.

taregt1plus

None of the US Station : ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and PBS need to be taken in SD if you have HD!! So 5 more channels you can choose in you TOP 15, 20 or 30!

Same thing for Showcase, Discovery channel, National Geographic...

The only one you need to take in SD is TSN. Maybe Sportsnet too, but I'm not sure about this one!

taregt1plus

Yeah the same thing for me! I don't know why!

BlueX

"

Qu

BlueX

Here's a screenshot (note that I'm in Quebec, I don't know if these packages are in all provinces):

Lots of providers have had "packages" of channels where you can choose certain channels to fill that package. This is not "true" a-la-carte since you still need to subscribe to a set of "basic" channels before you can get the "selection" of channels.

bmw2k323i

Hello,

One of the biggest beefs I had with Bell was the way the theme packs were split up (as well the the HD packs). My bill was $61.00 per month + tax and my wife and I were only watching a small percentage of what we had.

I called up Bell on Monday and managed to get all I wanted (had to order "Favorites for $5 extra for CNN HD), and 4 HD Theme packs. We had originally started with A La carte 30 but when we went through each channel, we quickly realized that most of the HD packs had what we wanted so we managed to cut to A La Carte 15. My bill is now $48.00 + tax per month and we have all what we wanted + a few HD channels I did not have before. I also got a $30 credit because of the HD PVR firmware upgrade problem (my only unit in the house). The process was painless as my phone-call was transferred to someone here in North America. No hesitation to give me a credit for my HD PVR problems.

At the time, I was not able to choose A La Carte online but it seems like it's up.

If you really only choose the channels you want, there is a potential for saving money. I am almost a happy Bell customer...almost

MC

hsantos

Thanks Panache70 for the update!!

mtlscream

That's a good news Taregt1plus..... because what's annoying with Videotron, you do have to take the SD to get the HD.... ANNOYING.... But I just cancelled my Videotron (since they are 10-15$ more expensive now)

Panache70

Roman, when you have kids Teletoon & Teletoon retro become staples... So I am not surprised that for some people it is a dealbreaker.

I am certain some of the 'Bell peeps' that visit this website could confirm if Teletoon Retro in English is indeed part of the Favourites package.

Or perhaps, there may be someone who has signed up to the Favourites that can confirm?

Don`t know why it is taking Bell so long to review the brochure and the website to correct the discrepencies... Some glitches at launch are always expected but it`s been a week now. I guess they have been busy taking care of the firmware update problems on the 9242 and 9241...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information