Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

I believe one of the other reasons was that everyone expected Richard Pryor to improvise, be hilariously funny, and really set the screen alight!

He didn't. He stuck rigidly to the script. He was very poor indeed (may he RIP).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me appreciate the flawed Bryan Singer a hell of a lot more!!!

Just a few things (slightly off topic-sorry!)

Is it SupermanBatman worth getting? I have enquired about getting them but the site is out of issues but can be ordered(taking a few weeks but at no extra cost)

What would you like to see in the sequel?
    Personally Id like to see a HUGE villain but I cant decide who. Doomsday (demanRAB extra money which they wont get, protential legal problems and SR has already dealt with the "Death" of Superman.) Braniac? (Already been done in Smallville) Lex Luthor?(been done loaRAB of times and as SR has shown the writers dont seem to be able to create a plausible EVIL plan) Bizzaro(Could prove to be comedic which Superman3 proves doesnt work and may seem to be imitating the upcomming Spiderman3 with venom)

Who else could plausibley(sp?) create a genuinely threatening foe to Superman?

Ive got a funny feeling it will be Lex messing about with the sun ie trying to turn it red or creating some form of Ani-K to combat the kid whilst powering Superman to introduce new temporary powers etc And before anyone points it out yes I know these ideas are lame thats why I aint a scriptwriter!!!

When is Singer gonna be talking about Superman Returns at ComicCon? That will be the first real insight on the mood of the studio and cast as he doesnt seem to be able to lie (the video of him stuttering a lot when asked about POTC2 doing better than SR)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

I've got a question for those that have seen it
    [spoiler] Does the spawn of Superman have some kind of powers? I've been reading reviews and seen this mentioned. If this true I'm not sure how that works because I thought he was human when he had it away with Lois, obviously I'm missing something there. [/spoiler]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

Absolutely. Great movie. And I had somehow managed to avoid any information about the premise and plot, when a friend recommended it to me, and I absolutely loved it. Fantastic score too. Shame it was Shimmerlamp's last good movie. Didn't he talk about doing an Unbreakable trilogy at the time?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

Yeah the Routh interview. I dunno Im starting to think maybe I missed something! I just felt that he was exploiting him as an unknown a lot, like he kept on highlighting the fact. For example he said on more than one occasion "who are you, what do you do, where do you come from?" I didnt like that. It was kinda as if he was a nobody from the street that he "had" to interview and he(Letterman) seemed like it was the MOST BORING THING EVER!!!

I have watched Letterman before and never have found him to be like this. There have certainly been some "less famous" guests (for example the guy that won a NASCAR racing thing and had to drink milk afterwarRAB?!?!?!?) I mean that was boring as it was the same story over and over again!

But it showed well for Brandon as he conducted himself well even through most of the interview was on how Letterman was obsessed with Corn Dog making!!!!!

At least after all those interviews I know its Routh as in South not Ruth as I had already thought!!!!!!

Yeah thats true abiut rolling with the punches but Im starting to think Im a kiss of death as anything I like seems to either be absolutely rubbish or it doesnt do well. But I think Brian Singer isnt stupid he knows what he has to do for the sequel and he knows where he went wrong with this one(OH GOD I HOPE HE DOES!!)

Well the premier event in London is on ITV2 now its worth a look!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

I just don't think I was that engaged with the story. It didn't grab me like the Batman and Spiderman did - to be honest I ended up not really caring all that much about the guy in red!

I never really warmed to Superman all that much in any form (movies or numerous tv shows) and this just didn't convince me otherwise.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

It's as good as a done deal. Singer has just dropped Logan's Run to do another Superman. He was never signed for more then 1 movie, and would have to negotiate terms for a second movie. Nothing to be worried about.

That could eventually be the plan, but it's too early to say. It takes a long time to do movies like that, the Spider-Man movies were 2-3 years apart as well, and we're edging close to August, so 2009 isn't that far away. Let's say it's out January 1st 2009.

Yes, a slightly confusing term. I think it means he might have felt a little creatively handcuffed by the first one being a (re)introduction movie.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

Yeah, technically it's not spot on.

For escapism it's amazing!

I fell in love with Superman, not the actor, but the character. So it did the job for me and my family.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

I was obsessed with Superman when I was younger so I'm definitely going to go and see this (haven't been to the cinema for years). I'm glad that the trailers etc haven't focused on the special effects like so many other films do, like Spiderman. I watch films because of the storyline and acting, not to go and see the latest ever-so-fake special effects Hollywood can manage I actually prefer the early nineties style of effects to the digital ones we have now. Jurassic park for example, those were subtle and believable. These days you just know how the special effects were done as they look so obvious and it distracts from the film.

By the way only 20 minutes of the film are in 3D, the rest will appear as normal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Superman Returns

I watched the Curse of Superman last night.

I'm not sure about 4, but reason they chose Richard was because he was black. It was mentioned that there wasn't any black characters in superman 1 or 2.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information