Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

R.I.P FTN or not?

Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post

Nah, you misunderstood me. Cabalo nailed it. All the (sillier) FTN members won't be looking for just any 0day tracker.
    got it now - i'm not used to sarcasm coming from you :happy:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

R.I.P FTN or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Garbonzo View Post
    I think they need to allow members to donate over 100%. It's like they are on a "Living from paycheck to paycheck" type of deal. Everyone knows that saving money is like a stepping stone of a bright future. They need a savings account. :P I also feel they need new blood. I'm not saying open the doors, or increase the user limit more than 500 people, but that new people is a chance for more donations, which is the blood of this tracker. So if its 94% now, I'm sure in the morning when I wake up it'll be 100%.
    But this month they barely reach 100%, and this wont be any better till staff dont act.

The user limit is fine i think (1200 open spots atm), the bottleneck is the lack of invites.

R.I.P FTN or not?

Update: We believe we've managed to sort something last minute, however we'll still need funding for this next month since our previous funds are frozen. I'll update you guys further on this tomorrow, but it looks like we might just pull through this. Thanks for your support
    new update on the front page

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

R.I.P FTN or not?

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I would like to know how much their monthly costs are. Is that 33% shortage $300, or $1000?

Edit- And what is the breakdown of the costs? Other sites do this and it is very reassuring. Why does a 10 euro donation only change the percentage by 1%?

Transparency does bring about greater trust.
    someone estimated it to be 1200 euro. their server cost has gone like 3x in last few years i think :dry:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

R.I.P FTN or not?

Quote Originally Posted by himanshuaieee View Post
    lollz...

Another Donation Leeching strategy...
    So bad of FTN.

doesn't seem like a very good strategy when you take your donation page down once you reach enough to pay the bills :whistling

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

R.I.P FTN or not?

Ok Andy, now you don't even have a single valid point so take a deep breath now, relax, and go fuck yourself When you have something of worth to say or any more IRC convos to post maybe I'll reply. You're very ignorant and I feel bad for you. My whole point it how can anyone say these things without posting proof of it happening? It's libelous and irresponsible to say the least.

Good point Sez- Doubts are fine INHO but this shit talking not only hurts the community but FST as well. Call it a pet peeve of mine.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

R.I.P FTN or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ippatsuman View Post

FTN don't need new blood at all.

Seed/leech stats are good,retention enough too.
    LOL. The last pages are full of reasons why it needs. And FTN has also a thread about it. Just some hints.

Donations are at 100%. Saved. For this month.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

R.I.P FTN or not?

LOL, OK so now you sound even dumber than when you first started. At least your posts were somewhat intelligible then.

Hmmm where do you get your stats from or is this like everything else where you pull it out of your ass. Almost all huh, proof? didn't think so.

Have FTN forums been a fair place for discussion?Taking down posts because "Brandon or staff dosent like it" seems fair?
    Dude it's their site and they can do as they wish even if you or I don't agree. If you don't like it cancel your membership, simple as that. It has been said as long as I know and it's so true. Their site their rules. If you don't like it LEAVE! but don't cry like a little girl with a scraped knee.

Another lol, ok I did say 1 time but I thought you were smarter than to take it literally. I was wrong :dabs:

I meant one time recently. Again trackers do need money so asking for it isn't a huge deal. Almost all trackers ask for money occasionally?

Originally posted by my ass
    20:41 Detale • So you DO know that you're wrong right?
    20:41 AbyBeats • Of course I do, I just enjoy making an ass out of myself.
    20:41 Detale • Yeah but dude, it's going on for a while now. I mean c'mon
    20:41 AbyBeats • I can't help myself my overwhelming need to be a fool is too great
    20:42 Detale • Yeah I guess, but you're spewing garbage with NO PROOF of anything
    20:42 AbyBeats • Who needs proof to be a moron?
    20:42 Detale • True, true, fuck it by all means continue.
    20:42 AbyBeats • I think I will for a while, I'm even going to make that poll we talked about and leave out an option for people who aren't members
    20:42 Detale • Cool good luck making an ass out of yourself, not that you'll need it.
    see I can make up IRC convo's also Thinking of it now I should have added asterisks as well, meh next time.

Wow, OK so yes trackers need money to survive, but just because you donate it doesn't mean you have a say as to how the spend what it noe THEIR money. They could add a new server, get a faster host or even more seedboxes for their uploaders. Again there is a distinct difference between donations and payments. I'm sure you can Google both if you are still confused.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

R.I.P FTN or not?

Quote Originally Posted by babab007 View Post
    FSC doesnt pay for uploader seedboxes, uploaders chip in with their own boxes.....
    not the case with FTN.
    That is true. fsc's donations are for the hosting only. Donations have nothing to do with providing any content. The members are solely responsible for the content and any servers used to up it.

Edit: to be clear I cant say what ftn spends their money on as I dont know :shrug:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

R.I.P FTN or not?

ftn is not going down. you can all shut your mouth and close this thread lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information