Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Election Poll

Election Poll

The number was lower, but the MtM drop was not, and the composite was actually higher.

98.74% accurate at predicting a half in a year in advanced...as opposed to 14% reliable based on any time scale. I will go with the 98.75% in the short term.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

awww, come on now. I work for the government (state government) as an accountant. We are actually worth something but we get no credit. The GAO is also another good government agency.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

Then why has current administration done everything in its power to increase that featherbedding to record government expansion levels? I thought that's known as a Democratic trait?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

What gets me is some of the GOP propoganda floating around. You have all these congressmen trying to distance themselves from Bush and his Iraq policies. What they are essentially saying is "we have completely screwed the pooch to date, but NOW we MIGHT try to do a little better".

It takes a set of brass ones to get up in front of your voters and say "we screwed up royally, but try not to focus on that, because even though we rubber stamperd everythign this jerk wanted for years, I didn't REALLY want to do it".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

meh, I have a heard time finding past data for the survey but that doesn't matter because 6 months is nothing to me. All it means is that growth is gonna suck in 1H 2007...big deal. I think for long-term investors the indicator is not a real important tool but I could be wrong.

On a side note, if you got a site that shows historical data let me know...I can never find one.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

When CEOs predict bad times, it's a softening up process for market analysts who often control the destiny of that CEO's equity stock price regardless of earnings. It takes more than mere speculation for a CEO to admit that his/her stewarRABhip is going to be affected by overall economic trenRAB that have been plugged into the business model. You just don't get negativity from CEOs of publicly traded companies without good reason.

Election Poll

Which is a bit ironic when you think about it. The thing that got them in trouble in the first place is just going with the public at the time...the public changed and all of a sudden everyone is left out to dry...so what do they do? Try to say they are for the public whim again.

I'm all for a guy listening to his/her respective people but atleast be consistent with what you believe and let the voters decide if they want to keep you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

That why I opened with "About". My list is certainly not all inclusive.

As I tried to tell you before, I haven't agreed with everything this administration has done. Rest assured, the Dems can top anything GWB has done to foster a fat government...and they will.

I can, however, imagine that a lot of the growth of government here lately is caused by the war on terrorism and the increased security efforts we've had to employ to protect ourselves from maniacs. You can't logically blame that on either party.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

Have you ever seen a downturn that only alsted a couple of quarters?

I don't know of any free sites that will give you the historic side of things. The Subscription site I use is pretty reasonably prices, though, at $2100 per year. If you sign up, I get a free gift

There is a push through the library of congress to provide historic economic data across a wide sphere for free. I personally support it whole heartedly. While I certainly understand that it takes time and effort to sompile all the various economic reports and data and provide them in a decent form, the government does so anyway. Why NOT put it online so everybody can benifit?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Election Poll

Yeah, 80% of our office is worthless...but they do non-accounting things normally.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information