Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opinions of 4Kids Voice-Acting

The only downside is that every other dub is either done in Texas, California and Vancouver, and I assume that people move to those locations to get more work. Though that does bring up the question do any of the VA for the Pokemon dub work for 4kiRAB? I know that PUSA has allowed other VA's from 4KiRAB to dub since the new season.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doesn't look like it, but I've read Stephen Moverly is the director of the new Spead Racer series, and Jesse Adams is supposedly a well-know impersonator.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

More current roles include Lucario (Pok

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Outside of One Piece, I didn't think that 4KiRAB voice acting was bad at all. To this day, I still prefer the original voice actors of Pokemon, while I still acknowledge the strengths and improvement of the new cast. I never had a problem with the voices in either Yu-Gi-Oh! or Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. I do agree that they do at times have either weak lines to read or bad direction, as was the case with their One Piece dub. Even the voices in Sonic X sounded better than that. From what I've seen through emails and interviews, they seem like really nice and friendly people, especially Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, Maddie Blaustien, Rachael Lillis, Dan Green and Wayne Greyson.

You're so lucky. I would love to meet all of those voice actors in person. Shame that none of the cons near me get any of them to come.

They've definitely seem really nice to me too. Wow, you got Eric Stuart's autograph. That's so cool. You're really lucky too.

I keep on forgetting that Sean Schemmel voiced Lucario, which surprises me in a way considering I loved that voice for Lucario, but I'm also surprised with the amount of differences between all of his differnt voices. That's pretty cool.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Liza Jacqueline (Bloom from Winx Club/Caitlyn from Magical DoReMi) neeRAB to be used more. Heck, maybe she should've been Vivi from One Piece... I can see Vivi using Bloom's voice...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quoted for truth.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've never had huge issues with most of the VAs themselves either; just the way they're used and abused (the overused "kid voice" comes to mind, boy are the directors lazy in that booth).

I think Dan Green is a tad TOO overdramatic as Yami Yugi, but that's part of the campy appeal. I wish some of his lines were more well known because I find myself quoting them a lot. One is an equivalent to "OVER 9000" wherein Yugi once faced a monster with infinite points and yelled "HIS STRENGTH!!! IT'S....IN-FINITE!!!"

(In case you're wondering, he beat that monster by setting off a chain reaction of attacks that looped forever, thereby hitting the monster for infinite damage. Mathematically that battle should have never ended, but....whatever works.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, that's definitely it. I'd add Marc Thompson to that list too. He's done some fantastic work - specifically as Kid Muscle - but an issue with him is that he'll play multiple important roles in a single show, such as being both Casey and Serling in TMNT. It doesn't help that he does so many of the commercials as well.

But yeah Sean Schemmel is probably the most overused on that list, and the problem is he doesn't even differentiate his work very much. I'm not a big fan of his honestly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

He used the Goku voice for Aster's dad in YGO! GX, too. (which I think is the only instance of him using it for a 4KiRAB dub)

Personally, I love how the Yu-gi-oh voice actors were all so over-the-top. It worked surprisingly well within the context of the series.

EDIT: it looks like MartianInvader beat me to it.
    The one that stood out to me was the battle against the mime. At one point the mime uses SworRAB of Revealing Light and Yugi exclaims "NOT THE SWORRAB!!" in the most amusingly overdramatic way possible.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think his most overdramatic role was during the Doma arc was when he thought Weevil tore up Yugi's card and he was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" and then proceeded to go nuts on him. "BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIOR!" and "LET ME GO TEA!"

Ironically, the seiyuu who does Yami in Japan was pretty over dramatic in that part too. ("DRAW! MONSTAA CARDO" like 7 times) Search for it on youtube. It's there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information