Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    CHKUEHN1

Seeking Ideas on Burning Sensation; Chest/Upper Back Area

Sammy, I dont think an MRI would mention ankylosing spondylitis. I believe it would take more than an MRI to diagnose that condition; though it would give clues. I think I mentioned ankylosing spondylosis previously in this thread as it went along with alot of the symptoms some are experiencing here. Do a search on it and see. Also ask your Dr about it. I had my Dr order some blood tests a couple of wks ago. I had a CBC, Sedimentation Rate, C- Reactive Protein and HLA B27. I had been searching the internet to see if any blood tests could help diagnose my problem and found this:

"HLA B27: Your doctor may order this test if you have joint pain, stiffness, and swelling. HLA type B27 is associated with autoimmune diseases such as ankylosing spondylitis and Reiter syndrome. The test may be done along with other tests, including an ESR, C-reactive protein, and rheumatoid factor."

All of my test results were fine. (thankfully)

I have felt better the past couple of days. I am still seeing the Chiropractor and having the (non surgical) Cervical Decompression. I think its helping. Im not having so much rib pain, tingling, etc and not as many spasms in my upper back. He has also been adjusting my neck. He (and the PM Dr) believe my problem is more related to my C spine problem at C 5-6 & C 6-7 causing symptoms in my upper back radiating around to my ribs on the left side.

sammyo1

Ok everyone where do I start, My frustation level is up so high, First of all little baby steps again from this doc. Another test,wow surprise. & then wait 2 wks to get back in. He asked do you think It is coming from the neck or the back? How the heck do I know, since most of the time it all hurts. He did the making me move the neck & arms all over, then grabbed my left arm & held it up,PAIN, then proceded to push on my back, more pain. Of course I know he has to do this,but I don't have to like it. He said the muscles in the scapula area are in knots, & of course there is a heck of alot of inflammation. Then the same thing every single doctor has said "where there is inflammtion there is pain" which of course I already knew. So of course PT may be in my future again because have to try to get inflammation down. Interesting thing he said was acupuncture may be best for me because so inflammed pt never worked before. Also said he wants to be exact on the area to focus on So a ct of the chest area is next,chest area is really inflammed also.

so ok what exactly does a ct show? anyone know, may have to post a new thread. My husband was furious because he said took you a month to get in now another 2 wks for follow up & all this time your in pain & living on pills. Why does he not start some kind of therapy now? Told my husband I have no clue in to much pain when I left to ask, said keep icing & moist heat.

I was not quite with it (the Lryica I think) & the docter did get frustated with me because I was he*****t to move my neck & arm fully, I had such a headache yesturday & my arm hurt so bad. Where are the good patient doctors? once again the results from the other doc. was not faxed over even though they had a month to do it. He also did not totally agree with last doc. so back to square one. All I know is what I went in knowing,besides all the nice little knoted muscles in my back. I knew not to get my hopes up. So my life continues to be on hold. Really frustating. Hard to stay positve at times. My patience is at the end I think, my husbanRAB is really at the end. I swear I thought he was angry with me, I told him if he is this frustated imagine how I feel, after all I am the one in pain. Sorry guys so long, had to vent alittle. Sammy

Arthr Itis

Welcome to the spiney board! Along with a bunch of other pain my upper back is messed up too. So far they haven't found a reason for the pain, but it's only been 5 years or so. The burning, stabbing, aching is common and it does go into the chest. Sometimes it even mimics a heart attack! Hang in there we are all in this together. Fred

CHKUEHN1

Yes, I have good days & bad. I have to push myself most of the times to do the things that need to be done.
    Pretty sore & stiff this morning right between my shoulder blades from the Myofascial release yesterday I assume. He did both sides even though my pain only seems to be on the left. I am looking around for a good massage therapist.

sammyo1

CHUEHN1,(wrote earlier must not have gone through) OMG, sure sounRAB alot like my symptoms, dont know if you seen the MRI results I posted at one time,so here is a brief decscription:Osteopenic changes noted in thoracic spine. C5-6Mild broad based posterior disc protrusion without compromising exiting nerve roots, C6-7 Mild hypertrophic changes & minimal disc bulge.Degenerative disc disease and spondylosis also noted in the cervical spine. Do you know if MRI reports specify how for down or what part of spine included in test? This only mentions the T1&2, also it states Axial images obtained from the levels of C3-4, down through C7-T1. So was any images done of C1 & 2, really confused never even thought about it until I read your message. yours seems to show more than mine, although my sister was in pain for 4yrs. had MRI in beginning of problem showed nothing major,much later (years when her problem appeared on another MRI), big problems to, go figure. I am disgusted, going for EMG monday,although Neuro says not expecting anything to show, bone scan of shoulder area tommorrow. Looking into shoulder, which does not explain other symptoms, My chest area,rib(under breast) arm and shoulder,upper back really hurt, can go up neck all the way to hip,all left side. Mostly upper Left torso, nurabness & tingling in hand,fingers, sometimes left foot (burning feeling, or hot spots) ,left leg can feel heavy & so forth, pain really starting to radiate in upper to mid back. No bra since May. Went through whole cardiac work up, including heart cath(when it started (approx:21/2 years ago) & again last week. When I moved in my new house,I know for a fact I hurt myself moving in and continued to get bad through work,I am a home healthcare aide,used to do some major lifting & I am not big. Been to so many docs. so many opinions right down to being told to get psych, help, of course now that it is out of control new Docs office paying aliitle attention, I am not really blaming them I just feel they need to listen alittle better. PT pointed out most of problems, totally swelled in neck, shoulder, major & minor Pec. Area & under ribs. Can't tell you how many docs. thought at first it was shingles., interesting thing when ever sugar tested lately in office or ER it was up, said it could be from pain, you ever have yours checked before all this, even though I was on steriod pack, mine was off before that. I will tell you just discovered while I was on steroiRAB still in pain, went in got and extra injection of steroiRAB in hip, along with script for low dose of oxycodone, felt better for couple days, soon as steroid finished (same day) muscle spasms like crazy and pain, has to be the inflammation, doc. just started me on lyrica couple days ago, I also tried the lid.patch,did nothin. Pain really radiating in upper and mid back lately. Off work for now & really worried about my job. First visit with Neuro, seen him all of 2 minutes, never even asked hardly any questions, not even for PT report, not real encougaed there, plan on trying to corner him next appointment. did not even want notes my doc. told me to make (of symptoms & take to him). by the way my cardiac test were slightly abnormal to, mentioned once again maybe pain, be careful it is not your heart, all these meRAB. & Pain can't possably be good for it, stress to. I am praying for results to. Cannot bare it much longer ruining my life. PT was only one who said with those symptoms has to something Neuro., he sent me back to doc, because could not control swelling & pain, can barely lift my arm most mornings because of shoulder hurts so much, pulls chest area and it is off and running, heart starts racing if not controlled and send my vitals rith off chart. Any of this sound familair to you? PLEASE write back, maybe we can compare & see what happens. Sammy

sammyo1

chab, I am glad I am not the only one who goes through that with the husband, mine to. Makes me feel guilty, but I am not much fun right now. Well went for MRI & was told when I arrived only one area on script from doc. was approved, they said someone should have called me. Talk about being mad! If nothing shows in the area done I am back to waiting, & since the inflammation/pain is in all the areas I can only hope the problem shows in the shoulder area the insuance approved for the mri. Up in the night could not move my neck or arm, my husband could not touch my back aroud the scapula area this morning, all those areas were suppose to be in the mri, including the chest, which is so inflammed it is hard like a rock. The tech.doing the mri had to weight my hand down with a bean bag went into muscle spasms when I laid down & he was afraid the arm would move during the test. Big fun! So I am praying what ever the problem is shows up in the area that the insurance company(that we pay so much for) allowed the mri on. So please everyone wish me luck. Sammy

sammyo1

Ok any of you have the muscle spasms in the chest area? they are waking me up again in my sleep & I cannot tolererate that feeling, scares the crap out of me. Don't know what to do about it. I have heard good & bad about chiros so don't know, I got relief but it never lasted . Second person I have chated with giving chiro. a try, I hope you both get relief. Interesting to hear the results from both of you given you both are seeing the chiro. (starting off) around the same time.

Arth itis, the weather in michigan is god awful right now, I have been feeling awful for the last few days, Just think what we have to look forward to (ha). feels like oct. Lets hope we are over it for a while, we will have this weather soon enough. I sure hope I am abit better by the time for fall (hate fall), giving how slow the doctors move I doubt it. Hope we both feel better as the weather improves. Sammy

Norene Maher

Sammy, I would be happy to go. I am only across the lake
    Norene

sammyo1

Boy I hope I don't experiance that with Lyrica, We will have hot flashes soon enough. I am trying it cause I am at my wits end, I need to get back to work, three appointments next week and neuro should have the test results at least for blood, bone scan and EMG, next friday. Want to be back at work the following week, if I still have clients left. Bone scan today, Maybe something will show, any one else you know of have a bone scan, I go for ultra sound on my breast, after two mammagrams, thursday,everyone keeps asking if I am worried, no I need to get out of this pain, then maybe Ill worry about the ultrasound. I may have to lock the nuero in the room with me friday to get answers, almost feel desperate enough to do it. vicophren, that has a little anti inflammatory in it, does'nt it? part motrin is it not. I don't think much though. I start on 2 Lryrica next tues. 50 mg each, I was alittle tired driving today, when do you take your doses? Sammy

sammyo1

I guess we can start a frustration club, I am in thats for sure, had to apologize to family today so moody, tired of pain with no explantion, & tired of meRAB, then spoke to my sister-law-law in florida who was diagnosed with cancer and felt I should aprreciate what I have, I do but hard. I hope I get some answers soon, new post in spinal cord forum, also pain in chest area I believe it said burning under breast ect....Don't quote me tired, if interested for you all take a look under "new on board" thread. We will all keep looking, right, don't have a choice. Sammy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information