Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

"The LeBrons" - Series Talkback (Spoilers)

New episode is up. Not as funny as the first one, but still pretty cute. I still can't get over the deal of how awesome it is that a cartoon of this quality and appropriate for kids is airing first online and not on television, I find that pretty revolutionary.

Wow, I thought this would be horrible, but it's not that bad! Plus, I have no beef with Lebron James(not a big sports fan:sweat It looks like a better version of the Proud Family.

I honestly don't think this cartoon would fly of TV. Network TV has the requirement of being I/E which was a death sentence for all modern network animation. As for cable shows, I don't know where it would fit. It seems a bit too edgy for Disney, and not insane enough for Nick or Cartoon Network.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe it'll fit on BET.
    But I'm okay with it being on the internet. It's more accessible (plus I don't watch BET)

I'm honestly surprised at how positive the reception for this series is. I caught the first episode yesterday and wasn't too impressed. It seemed kind of generic, although the talking animals did catch me off guard. Just saw the second episode too, and it was slightly better. It seems like Lebrons presence is pretty pointless there, but the rest of the cast is pretty good. It definitely seems to have some influence from The Boondocks and The Proud Family.

I dunno; I almost kinda had this one pegged as being right up CN's alley.

In recent years (read: the Snyder era), they've been heavy in marketing sports to their viewing audience, and out of the four major North American professional sports leagues, they've always had a soft spot for the NBA. I mean, they're airing an NBA highlights show on there right now. These execs love basketball, apparently, and I'm almost a little surprised they didn't pick this one up. Sure, it's not an all-sports cartoon or anything, but it is coming from a professional athlete (and this latest episode did have a heavy sports theme to it), sooooo...

To be honest, I actually wouldn't mind seeing this on cable someday. It really isn't bad at all; as I said before, the animation is solid, and the writing isn't half-bad. All things considered, it is a pretty decent cartoon.

Laughed a lot and was impressed by the above average animation for a webtoon. Look forward to more, probably because I'm a sports guy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information