Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

HTC EVO 4G vs. iPhone 4 (was: so I spent about 2 hours with the EVO 4G today...)

I know how WebOS handles notifications. Not bad, but I like Android still better.

I used to think like you. I don't like notifications. But I experiment and try different platforms for experience. I don't like notifications turns out because I was mentally trained that way by bad, intrusive notification approaches. The iPhone is particularly bad with its on your face approach, which doesn't save the last one before it. I started liking notifications when I started using Blackberry. That's why BB users still swear with their notifications. I don't like the flashing red light however. With Android, I find the system that truly is non intrusive yet informative. I get a notification, I see my trackball glows, yes glows and pulses like some Scifi movie, and my messages scroll like a billboard on Times Square on the top of the screen. Once I start learning how to manage notifications, my productivity improved. I can handle situations faster, more responsibly in business and in social life. My mobile forms around my life, instead of my life being formed around my mobile.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

HTC EVO 4G vs. iPhone 4 (was: so I spent about 2 hours with the EVO 4G today...)

+1. No notifications, no sale. iPhone's notifications are annoying as hell, and I've seen Android's notifications in action. Hopefully the guy from WebOS will implement the same/similar notification style from WebOS (which according to videos is quite unobtrusive) into iOS4

Its takes getting used to. I have become proficient with the HTC, Apple, Samsung, and Google keyboards. I love the HTC the most over time because of the double symbols per key---press longer to get the symbol instead of switching the keyboard to the symbol mode to get the symbol.

Also, the HTC keyboard learns as you go on, it accumulates the words that you type in and add to its word completion library. Just as you get used to it, it gets used to you.

It's the best I could come up with. And here's a better way of putting your statement - Polished "incomplete" products.

This argument is biblical.

Apple has one phone to worry about, the iPhone. They spent 2.5 years on the first one and 3 years building up to iPhone 4. They spent all that time polishing and making a amazing and fast user experience. How long does HTC work on its phones? Dont they have like 10 phones out now? And instead of upgrading they just scrap the phone and build a totally new for for all different carriers. You lose quality with quantity. Apple is battling everyone with ONE phone, on ONE carrier. And i strongly believe that HTC phones were heavily influenced by the iPhone, a device that took the mobile market in a new direction.

The $10 is for premium data, so you could say that if you're in a 4G area.

Sometimes i wish Apple would just put all these things on the iPhone just to satisfy all the arguments.....but i feel certain that after adding all of this to the phone nothing would change as far as complaints go. Not saying you dont have legit grips...i guess the iPhone just doesn't vibe with you. HTC really should step up the marketing, its not like a consumer has any easy way of testing out that phone, iPhones are heavily available, i walk into the apple store and there are 20 to play with. I go to bestbuy and all the HTC devices are just empty boxes.....but the Touches, iphones and iPads are readily available

For me, the iPhone does everything i need so i dont have any real complaints, but i always feel disappointed when i use phones like Storm and Driod. Apple has just one phone model, Motorola has about 700. Its impossible to ensure a polished quality when you are pumping out phone after phone...maybe thats what gets me about them...idk.

Same as above. My friend got an Evo on launch. We were at dinner and he asked me how flash loaded trying to be funny. I downloaded cloud browse and my phone loaded flash faster than his.

I was seriously considering the Evo but like OP said, on paper it looks awesome, in real world it's NO WHERE NEAR as smooth as an iPhone.

Bring on iPhone 4!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good to hear. My biggest problem is the arrow keys underneath the space bar. I want to get a different keyboard; maybe the Swype keyboard once its released; it eliminates those arrows

I wonder if i am a victim of apples marketing strategy....i had no idea there was video conferencing on other phones. no one has ever talked about it...

Just seems like Apple doesn't do stuff untill its "complete", i have a hunch that the Video conference on the iPhone will be easy and seamless, but ive never video conferenced so who knows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information