Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

I should've taken a holiday last year to Manhatten and sold my iPhone there. lol.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

Although my opinion may be biased, i've always been a Nokia fan myself.. but I currently have the Iphone and truthfully, the iphone owns in comparison to anything, blackberry is a great system don't get me wrong. But the iphone although short battery life is far superior in every aspect.

I don't know about you all, but personally although BBM is very appealing, texting is just as easy, and if you're so desperate for a streaming conversation use msn/skype/yahoo or phone the person instead..

Plus not to mention iphone has its own steaming conversation apps such as PING.

Iphone will always be the superior choice, if you're in Canada I reccomend checking out Virgin or Bell because of the HSPA+ network, makes your iphone all the more powerful! Plus Virgin has a 30 days no worries policy allowing you to test it out for 30 days, if you're not satisfied just return your product and pay for any charges you inccured. (monthly bill, activation fee.. whatever.. )

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

I traded my 9700 for an iPhone (my first on ever) and this thing is amazing I don't miss my bb other then the awesome battery life and bbm and a camera with flash the iPhone is the best out there.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

SMS on an iPhone (or anything that does threaded) is a streaming conversation. I refuse to use BBM, because I really don't want to lose an ability I've had if I ever leave that ecosystem.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

It seems it's still a split between the iPhone and the 9700. And interestingly, I noticed too that the majority of iPhone users are constantly playing games with their iPhone. For me, I downloaded one game when I had the iPhone and then I deleted it. I'd rather be browsing the web than playing games...but that's just me.

Then again, all this may be a moot point of Rogers/Fido and Telus/Bell will not offer the $30/6 GB month data option when the iPhone next generation is launched this June or July. In that case, I won't be getting an iPhone or any smartphone. And for those in the US, AT&T may be adding a Tier system to their data plans to curb usage.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

I had access to an iPhone for about a week and I'm sold. I'll be getting the iPhone.

The web browsing experience is so much better. I don't really care that much for apps either but the browser on the BB is just plain stupid in comparison. Even Opera doesn't cut it - there's just not enough screen real estate.

The only other option I would consider is the Storm 2 but Rogers doesn't offer it. I know I can get one off CL or whatever but there's no way I'm going to settle for anything less than 3G speeds for surfing.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

Yeah? I kinda smeared the touch keypad with my thumbs when I first got it. Definitely not the most intuitive phone keypad for new users, but it's definitely good when you're used to it. I'm still terrible at writing emails on mine -- anything longer than 100 words and I end up getting lost halfway through it.

I'd say iPhone if you want an all-round phone, BB if you want something strictly for business/email etc.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

i am not a apple fanboy, however, iphone is better than 9700. I am not a business man, so i don't know about their perspective

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

As has been pointed out here, the iPhone still wins for web browsing. That there are better games there too is just icing if you're a smartphone user.

I'd imagine Rogers is going to keep the $30/6GB promo around, especially now that it knows you can just go to Bell or Telus if you want an iPhone. AT&T has so far talked about tiers more as an option for paying less than a way to jack the rates up; you'd pay $15 extra instead of $30 if you don't mind having just 250MB per month, for example. I can imagine AT&T getting many more customers if the starting rate for iPhone use was $55 total (450 minutes + 250MB data) instead of $70.

Bold 9700 vs. iPhone

The onscreen keyboard is pretty nice once you get the hang of it. Sitting upright with 2 thumbs is the best/easiest way to handle it. I psych myself out pretty often when I type really fast and then mess it up .But I was just txting earlier and I was punching paragraphs VERY easily, all today I had zero errors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information