Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Vinyl Turnip

Starving Kitten: AKA...What the Hell Is Wrong With People?

Quote Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
    How do people feel about adopting cute little spayed or neutered kittens or puppies and then dropping them off at the shelter to get euthanized when they stop being cute?
    Really their fault for losing their looks, isn't it?

Contrapuntal

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Slit View Post
    Okay, in what universe do dogs actually eat cats, outside of Tom and Jerry cartoons? From the way people are talking, throwing kittens to dogs to get eaten is something that happens on a regular basis. I've never heard of it.
    No, the dog probably won't eat the cat, only tear it to shreds. Cold comfort for the cat.

Using cats as bait animals is common practice in dog fighting circles, a practice that is apparently just fine with Chessic Sense, our resident sociopath.

Jackmannii

Besides, it's recycling.

Freudian Slit

Quote Originally Posted by Contrapuntal View Post
    No, the dog probably won't eat the cat, only tear it to shreds. Cold comfort for the cat.

Using cats as bait animals is common practice in dog fighting circles, a practice that is apparently just fine with Chessic Sense, our resident sociopath.
    But would a dog who's not trained for fighting react to a strange kitten by tearing it apart? It seems a strange assumption.

Contrapuntal

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Slit View Post
    But would a dog who's not trained for fighting react to a strange kitten by tearing it apart? It seems a strange assumption.
    A dog with a strong prey drive would. My Jack Russell will kill a cat (or possum, or snake, or groundhog, etc.) in a Miami minute, although by snapping it's neck, not by shredding it. My two other dogs could not care less about cats who are indoors, but if a stray animal gets in the back yard and the Jack goes for it, the pack mentality takes over and they all go for the kill.

I didn't want to get sidetracked, so I said "dogs" instead of "pit bulls," which is what the asshole in the OP said. I have no idea if they were trained for fighting, but I would never risk a kitten's life by throwing it to a pack of dogs, especially ones left to their own devices outdoors.

Freudian Slit

Yeah, fair enough. Either way I think the OP lady should probably drop it off at the shelter. At the very least, you'd think she could phone animal control and have someone pick it up if she doesn't want to do anything. If she hates cats that much, I'd assume she'd be happy to have it gone.

Tahssa

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
    Really their fault for losing their looks, isn't it?
    Yeah and that's why I get a new kitten every three months or so but I don't take them back to the pound because that is mean. I just toss them into random peoples yards and then it's their problem.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Chessic Sense View Post
    It's perfectly cool to act calously toward them, treat them as property, and destroy them as I would a clay pot I no longer wanted.
    Yikes.

Shot From Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Tahssa View Post
    Yeah and that's why I get a new kitten every three months or so but I don't take them back to the pound because that is mean. I just toss them into random peoples yards and then it's their problem.
    Aaaaand...

[/thread]

begbert2

Phewie! Looks like I better not admit that if I had a house with stray animals wandering around outside of it, I would ignore the things as completely as I currently ignore the cats wandering around outside my apartment complex. Strays are simply not my problem, no matter how cute other people think they are.

Er, oops.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information