Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

-It's obviously Nayu. The scene in the wooRAB just about confirmed it. And I thought the one fetish they would have had was taken away in the first episode...

-I kinda like Kiyono's catty relationship with Komachi because it's just a little more than funny seeing him try to hold back. For example, when her and Yako come out of nowhere and flash Komachi and he turns to stone.

-Oh snap, it's that "let's get all that drama out of the way in the last two episodes" syndrome

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Episode 10:
    "Throw Out That Chest!"

My GOD, Mizuno, just...man. I'll talk about it more later.

Anyways, this episode was apperantly criticized for poor, lazy writing in the Seiha blog, as well as criticizing how annoying the drama club is. Aroduc, you're petty much wrong.

The episode was okay and all, but it kinda felt cliche, with Kiyono getting a character development episode, but it was still okay.

You know, for a series that has great character development, Mizuno is actually getting the opposite in the past 2 episodes, having weird daydreams with Keigo, but this week pushes the envelope imaging Keigo...in a (man)bra. Notice how odd that is?

Also, here was something I didn't see coming; Kiyino's mother telling her daughter about Keigo's new out of town job (Kiyono's reaction was really well excecuted, by the way), and while Nayu knew about the new job, she didn't know that he would have the out of town job, until the very end, that is.

This episode was also a build up to the cultural episode, which will be next week.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Episode 11:
    "My Afternoon With Her"

Okay...who thought of the episode title? Komachi was with Nayu for only about 4 minutes...anyways, drama was the winner this week, but wanna know who the real winner is? Mizuno, no doubt.

It's odd that in the past few episodes, the writers made Mizuno into a freaky dreamer, but here, she suddenly has great development all of a sudden, and I was glad for it.

As for the Nayu transfering thing, well, Kiyono tells Komachi about it, then Nayu confesses this to Haruka and Yako at the end. There are 2 episodes left, though, but from the looks of the preview...it looks last episode-ish to me.

Finally, there is a bit of a problem in this episode, Nayu elementary school teacher comes almost out of nowhere and...well, see it, just seemed so sudden to add drama. Also, those 3 girls nee to get punished...somehow, now they're just trying to hard, and the club doesn't even know a thing about it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

^^I told you they were going to use the "random drama in the last episodes" cliche for 12/13 episode series. Happens every time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Episode 12:
    "Before Meeting You..."

Oooooookay, I just saw it. Here I go:

First of all, if you like Mizuno, you'll...want to scream at your computer screen. Her appartment WAS ON FIRE! Why? It's sad that there was no foreshadowing on this (unless I missed something), and it seemed like the writers hated her here.

Second of all, if you like romance, you'll be surely disappointed. Mizuno didn't even try to admit her love for Keigo, Komachi almost admitted it, but no, and whatever happened to Haruka's supposed "crush" on Nayu? Nothing. It's like Haruka suddenly decided to just be frienRAB, as in, just frienRAB.

As for focus? Yako got an unusual amount of focus here, which is indeed odd, but it worked somewhat, mostly because it was basically her plan to get Nayu and Haruka to make up.

Then you get the sad scene of Nayu leaving, and her frienRAB were definately pretty sad about it.

Now, the ending. Okay, so during the credits, a girl takes a flyer from Komachi, but the flyer said someting about boys appreciating underwear...yep, there's a crossdresser here. Possible clue to a second season perhaps? Gansis, don't do that. Kanamemo doesn't have a second season yet (sadly, still). Although it wasn't as deep.

Aaaaaaaaaaand...Nayu's back? Well, she says that she somehow will toughen it all out by staying alone in home. Yep, that was sudden, huh? How is she gonna eat? Actually, doesn't she cook, as well? Oh, whatever.

By the way, I was able to take a look into the manga, and none of the drama stuff is in there, as well as seeing a little bit what happens after all of it. I'm getting the feeling most of Gansis' work has them doing their own episodes, as well.

So, it was definately a bizzarre series, but it was fun, although series seems more for the girls (mostly because of some "educational" value), but then again, I was a fan of Ojamajo Doremi once, so this shouldn't surprise me, so yeah, I'm actually calling this a shoujo series, I don't care what anybody says. Wasn't this bad of a series, but humor kinda needed more work, especially this episode, it just seemed to whiplas every now and then. Haruka shaking her head when she was facing Nayu late in the episode made laugh for a while, though.

So yeah, a bit controversial, but I enjoyed it, and it's actually beating out the third season of Hidamari Sketch (it's an okay season, but compaing it to the first 2 seasons, well, it's a bit of a different story) in terms of fun.

Oh yeah, my work is gonna get cut out of me next month; Koihime Musou's third season vs. K-On's second season...and I'll do talkbacks for both. (gulp)

One more thing, though. Apperantly, wasn't Chu-Bra a 13 episode series? I heard somewhere that it is...maybe it just won't get promotion?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

All I can say is, the drama was so unnecessary to this incredibly boring and honestly rather pointless series. I was hoping for some romance development but nope. The laughs were few and far inbetween and even the underwear education felt like an excuse.

Random fire apartment was kinda lol though.

Honestly, Qwasar is like ten times better than this. Well, we've got K-ON 2 coming up so I'm gonna just leave this to the completed pile and move on.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

I'm also one who thought that they'd do something kinda big, have some sort of development, but no, it was mainly a moping episode. standard feature of anime, but usually used in the second to last episode so you can have a feel good finale.

The fire thing was an obvious set-up.... which they failed to deliver on. Nayu leaves her spacious home/Mizuno loses her home. Nayu neeRAB a way to stay in her home without her real Guardian/ Mizuno sure could use a way to stay close to her beloved sempai. Yet all they say is that Mizuno will "look in on her"- it's like the makers of the show were ridiculously optimistic about this show getting a second season to resolve this stuff. But it doesn't deserve one.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Wow, to think I wasn't goona feel sad AND pissed. I feel seriously even more BAD for Mizuno. This is just another reason why playing holessness for laughs = you're going to Hell.

Gansis, you...idiots. You helped make Pani Poni Dash, you helped maaking Kanamemo more awesome than it already is, and you decided to screw a character for no reason in here.

(sigh)

I wish Mizuno was an older sister of mine.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Read the premise for the upcoming anime "Arakawa under the Bridge" and you'll see why I giggled at your post.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Chu-Bra!" Talkback

Ooh, irony. Shocker.

Yeah, that's what happens when I rant like that, I always seem to get the ironic echo.

But really, Mizuno's house was on fire. That's just not funny. That's pretty damn cruel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information