Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia X6

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

Dell had it for $200 about a week ago. If anyone needs to get it, and can wait, I am sure dell will come back with another deal on it.

Nokia X6

Alright question, does the X6 not work on t-mobiles edge network? Or did the person who had it before call up t-mobile and have them put it on a ban list or something.. because when i pop my sim card into the X6 and start the web browser it tells me "Subscription Update Required: Your current plan is not compatible with this device."...
    :- /

Nokia X6

Does the X6 have a mechanical shutter?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

I upgraded from a 5800 to the X6 (no, I didn't pay for the upgrade, I won it on a contest) and I'm torn on my feelings about it.

On the plus side now the phone won't give you alerts trough the speakers when you're using headphones. Nothing was more bugging than using fring or another IM client while listening to music on the bus and having it "pop" (while also playing your music) trough your speakers and bothering everyone else with your music and sounds.
    The phone is way faster than the 5800 and feels very solid on the hand, with bigger buttons and icons since there's no more stylus. Included headphones are very nice too, finally on par with most of SE Walkman phones and so far battery and signal are excellent.

On the minus side, the keyboard looks clunky now that buttons are bigger and the text screen will show only two very short lines of text. No matter what you do, there's no way to make that text smaller. As for the speakers, they are a tad worse than the 5800 (but better than the N97) and the headphones included don't have a 3.5 connector on the remote like the ones included with the 5800, so if you want nice headphones it's either bluetooth, loosing the remote or buying the older remote in ebay or similar.
    The screen is a whole other issue. The response is great, it's crisp, well calibrated (not like the yellow inked used in the 5530), but it's too sensitive. Sometimes you're typing and the screen will grab your original imput plus another one or two keys or even in your pocket your skin will be able to press some buttons. And speaking of buttons and hardware, the battery cover is a piece of crap made from a long and weak plastic that makes the whole phone feel cheap. Metal or a stronger plastic would've been nice.

Should you get it? Maybe at $300 or so, unless you already have a S60v5 phone, in which case I wouldn't spend more than $50-100 to make the upgrade, the new features are not worth it.

Nokia X6

I got all the way to the purchase confirmation screen and then I figured I'd double check the specs: Newegg $359.99 and I saw: UMTS 900/1900/2100 MHz - WTF? I'll have to call to verify that this isn't the Latin American version and is indeed the NAM version...I need 850/1900 to be 3G on at&t correct?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

It should have worked on EDGE as long you have web access on your account.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

Well i use a 5800xm on V50, which is not that different from a X6. I have around 56mb RAM available at boot up and usualy run:
    Bolt2.1 (excellent web browser)
    Music Player
    Nokia Messaging
    And Gravity together,and havent had any problems with multitasking realy.
    Add Ovi Maps to that and then there maybe a problem, but for general multitasking its just fine.
    WAIT! Just tried what i said above. Got Bolt, Nokia Messaging, Gravity, Ovi Maps3.04, and Music Player going at the same time with no problem. RAM is hovering at around 26-31mb depending on whats happening. So multitasking is not that bad at all.

Nokia X6

Probably a typo, but Dell has it cheaper @ $339.00 and I am pretty sure it has correct NAM bands.

Dell link

Nokia X6

why do people hate on the battery cover? it's a music phone, not a ferrari.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia X6

Regarding the touchscreen browser performance in the video linked by cocheese, the reviewer in that video is using the 32GB model, probably with the initial firmware. As I understand from reading the initial reviews on AAS, that model did suffer from some early performance issues (what a surprise!).

As nokiapwnsse stated, and from my own experience, the 16 GB model with current FW (v20) runs much smoother in terms of using the native browser. If the site has a lot of media content (large images, flash video, etc.), and I don't allow it to at least load up most of the content, then the touch response can be a bit laggy. Otherwise it runs smoothly.

As far as waiting for better deals on this phone, I'd be careful about that. If you want this phone, can find it at a price you think is fair, and from a vendor you want to deal with, then I would go ahead and get it. There's no telling how long it will be available in the NAM market - the N86 is a good example of this. I had been waiting for that phone to come down in price another $50-100 but instead it disappeared.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information