Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Fury23

What foods don't cause acne??

Sorry, this may be the case for you, but to say this is true for everyone...You are wrong.

ChariK

Hear Hear

I wish we did know.. I'd be a lot happier! Lol.

TieferSchlummer

People are genetically predisposed to acne, a predisposition which may or may not be exacerbated within certain individuals by certain kinRAB of food. I firmly believe that if you are in the 16-20 age group, than hormones are the determinant factor; if you are younger or older, than your diet may play a limited role.

Free1

I am 27 years old and have been dealing with acne since I was 16. I have tried about 8 different medications to try to get rid of the acne. About a month ago I purchased a book on acne that explains that certain fooRAB (food list from early post was identical to the one in book) should be avoided because of their high glycemic index. According to the book, fooRAB with a high glycemic index have been linked to causing acne. This diet has done more good things for my skin then any medication I have ever taken. Anyone who has acne should at least try this diet out for several weeks.

joquiero

I actually mentioned this on this board before (about Asians rice consumption) after asking a Japanese friend who told me that Asians DO have a problem with acne.

She told me that its only begun to happen in the 20th century when technology has enabled everyone (not just the rich) to eat white rice as opposed to brown rice in its natural state.

So, it would seem that the more WHITE rice people eat, the more acne (and diebetes etc) people seem to have - especially when they're eating 1 or more cups of rice NUMEROUS times a day (even with breakfast)

Maybe they counteract some of the affects with their huge consumption of fish.

pageantchicka16

hey!!! the only way that i cleared up my acne after having it for 3 years was by changing my diet! There are VERY few foos that i eat.. i dont want the acne to come back!! i eat:
    grilled chicken sanwhices
    hot pockets
    life cereal
    grilled cheese with unsalted butter
    pretzals.. soft ones with iodine free salt
    water
    grapes
    pb and jelly/... jelly has no sugar in it
    little.. very little luchmeat
    s0o0o basically i live on bread and dairy!! and ive been clear for almost a year now!!!

phosphoros

Yes, Aninbanani, what you recommend has been my experience. Your diet cured me and nothing else.

Diet has everything to do with acne.

Diet has nothing to do with acne.

Both are wishful thinking..

But one is true. You will not always see the truth unless you destroy your desires.

Look, if people on here honestly wanted to be convinced that diet had something to do with acne (I assume you think you are debating because you want some convincing evidence) they would look up the numerous journals and articles that have come out on it, from objective professionals. They would compare those studies to the 1970 "chocolate study." They would not just refute you or stand in objection to your experience simply because of what they read in a pamphlet. Then they will of course say they do not stand in objection to your experience only that you say it will work for everyone...because they don't want to think it would work for them.

Wishful thinking.

Just leave them alone. Post your recommendations, but why debate them any longer? No doubt the same people arguing against diet here are using the same reasoning that has been reasonably addressed and refuted before by people in support of diet. Why do they keep with the same faulty reasoning even though it has been addressed by Sweetjade time and time again?

It will always be this way. Just leave them alone. Let them have their wish.

I did not come to diet because I was convinced.

That's all I have to say.

With Thanks,
    Phosphoros

euro18

Well, they can be. They can cause blood-sugar spikes. eat the actual fruits instead

stasia12

i also dont see how a big consumption of fish counteracts the effects of white rice. first off-fish has tons of iodine and that can be bad for acne. and not all sushi and asian fish dishes are made with the good omega fatty acid fish like salmon........

Steuby

I'm sorry, but I think this post is nonsense. I have read over and over and over again, plus heard from 2 different derms that food does NOT cause acne. This is an "old wive's tale" and very outdated information.

A pimple takes from 5 to 7 weeks from formation to come to the surface, so how can something you eat for dinner one night cause a breakout the next day?

Common sense and basic sound nutrition guidelines should guide you in your eating...not this crap.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information