Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    neveragain444

In Desperate Need of HELP! PLEASE read my story...

Yea it's Phenergan, it's a nausea medication. It's one that people like to mis-use to get high so maybe why the doctor brushed it off, they would not have to worry about such an issue though prescribing a suppository, & they work better anyways.

Well, I don't know why Clonazepam would stop the nausea. Unless the pain in your throat would be causing the nausea. People can have pain so bad, they vomit.

CharBerry

So sorry you're having to go thru this as I know how frustrating it is. I was diagnosed with GERD/LPR at age 48 and have had chronic symptoms ever since. The LPR reflux is much harder to control for me and the feeling of PND has been especially bad causing constant sniffling and feelings of having to cough. The nasal sterioRAB help me some and saline rinses but I get worn out from all this coughing and clearing my throat. Good luck to you.

CharBerry

neveragain444

The endoscopy can show damage to your esophagus from reflux. It isn't going to actually show the reflux. They cannot confirm inflammation without a biopsy of your esophagus, unless they just see that it's red. With mild inflammation, it can look normal to them. For the acid diagnosis, you'd need one of those tests that measure your acid where you have this tube down your throat for 24 hrs. I'd at least have my doctor put me on a corticosteriod to try and clear up the inflammation before attempting such a test or it's probably going to hurt you. I don't know what type of spray would help. Maybe an Anesthetic Nurabing Spray like Lidocane might temporarily relieve the pain but it won't clear up the inflammation.

Zoe26

So, can anyone else throw in their 2 cents? Is it normal to be on Kapidex TWICE a day, and still feel the lump-in-the-throat symptoms? Do you think maybe this isn't acid at all? What else can I do, eat, take to help?

What else can be causing just the symptom of nausea or lump in throat feeling?

Has anyone ever done the Bravo pH test, is it dangerous/uncomfortable at all?

And has anyone ever also been prescribed Clonazepam to help with the reflux? I'm uncomfortable being on it but when I try to ween off, I feel worse. But what could that even mean? Now I'm stuck in a web of drugs and I don't know what's making me better or worse.

I'm sorry I have so many questions but my doctors are all pretty clueless and unhelpful and I need some answers. Thanks again.

Dana48

wow,I can not belive that somebody else has the same problems like me;for the last 3 years I go through a very hard time;some days I am ok but some days I feel like dying;I had all tests done ALL.Emergency rooms few times a year,they say I am ok;some intestinal problems and prescribe kapidex;I will try it.Not to much hope???

tofumix

Zoe26,

I can feel your pain and suffering. I am sorry. I had LPR at the age of 22. Been suffering it for 5 months already. Every morning when I wake up hoping the lump feeling in my throat and the red bumps in my nose cause by the stomach acid will go away. Doesn't seem like it is happening. I am on PPI now for a week, still no sign of improvements or relief. Looks like I will have to live with the chronic red inflammation forever. The red bumps doesn't seem to be reducing, it just looks like it just stays in there in my tissues. I am so young, looks like i'll be waiting for nose, throat, esophagus cancers someday. I am very depressed and been constantly crying too, because I feel like I could not do anything to help myself and the symptoms I am having and I feel tired since I don't feel normal in the throat and nose. But guess what, i did my best already to treat and medicate myself. I wished I had my normal life back, but I know life still goes on everyday. My nose and throat never felt normal or right anymore. I feel hopeless and desperate as well. I know it's hard and difficult to make yourself happy when you feel miserable everyday living with this acid reflux disease, because I am feeling like that now. LPR disease really brings me down. The thing was I wasn't sure what will happen to me. The thing I know was, the more I think about cancer and feeling hopeless, the more depress I grew everyday. Just try to keep yourself from thinking too much, because the doctors already tried everything to help you. Although, I have been on PPI medication for a week, but not sure if that is helping with my LPR disease. I also want to stop using it and just give it 1-2 months to see if it works or not, since it causes bone fractures. PPIs were never meant to be taken for a long time, maybe just 8 weeks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information