So I made a pretty stupid mistake a few months ago and started taking oxycodone recreationally. It's actually oxycontin, but since it's being crushed, it's just oxycodone.

Now I've been "reasonably" careful in the amount I allowed myself to use. I'm up to between 50-60mg per day, which I realize isn't a huge amount. I really want to stop and have set my mind to it. I can easily live without the high, so I don't think there's much of a psychological component. It's just the physical withdrawal symptoms. Now here's the problem...

I have a demanding job and am what most people would consider successful. I also go to school part time for a second degree. Obviously this is a demanding schedule, and I really don't have the ability to take any time off other than weekenRAB.

Does anyone have any tips for getting off this drug? Tapering seems to prolong the pain of withdrawal, but I guess it's the right way to go. Is it worth seeing my doctor about? Would they ever prescribe suboxone or methadone for someone taking this kind of dose? I realize it's not a massive dose, and maybe I'm being a baby, but any tips would be appreciated. Or similar situations/stories.

Thanks,

Jeff