Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Nightly Panic Attacks

No,50 is a low dose.It's just some people get over stimulation with increases.I started on 50 and it was too much and had to go down to 25.

cbstephen

Nightly Panic Attacks

Good luck archimedis,
    I was on atenolol for 2 weeks then taken off them over night, i hinted to the doctor about weaning off but he said not to worry about it and put onto norvasc the next morning.

Archimedis

Nightly Panic Attacks

Alright so I also got the 24 hour blood pressure monitor cuff results back. My blood pressure is also fine, one less thing I have to be anxious about now. Only thing I am waiting for is the 24 hour holter monitor results............come on Monday, I need that effexxor.......

Archimedis

Nightly Panic Attacks

Yes Ahtram you are absolutely right, I did tell him today that I was sorry for rageing on him last night and that I need to focus on my health for my family's sake. I told him that he has got to make lifestyle changes that address his depression. I would hate to see him having to fight through depression and anxiety as a result of his lifestyle that he is leading. I told him that I would never kick him out but that he has got to find himself another place to live in the near future and begin his independance. On a healthier note I was able to complete another 30 minute run tonight. I haven't been able to exercise since I had my relapse, things are getting brighter

Archimedis

Nightly Panic Attacks

I just read all my posts from the begining, what an up and down ride this has been. Monday I started my regiment of Effexor XR, so two days into it and migraines. I also went to my doctor today regarding the awful paliptations I had been having. Was feeling like my heart was flipping over in my chest. Last Sunday my heartrate had dropped to 52 bpm, I stopped taking the atenolol as a result. Told my doctor this and he felt as I did that the atenolol was lowering my heartrate so much it was causing the paliptations. Since the stop of atenolol on Sunday the paliptations are almost gone. Some anxiousness still, mainly at night as per the norm with me. Another thyroid recheck next week and I am waiting for an appointment with the cardiologist for my stress test. I hope the Effexor does the trick this time round....

Ahtram

Nightly Panic Attacks

I thought I was alone! But for a while, I was having them EVERY single night. They have sometimes lasted until the morning which is, for some reason, when I allow my body to calm down. It stopped for a while but since I've been having GI problems, they're back and they're worse than ever. Almost every night!!! I know I'm no help but I want you to know that you're not alone...there's something about the night for me too.

Archimedis

Nightly Panic Attacks

Alright I have determined that my recent bout of nightly panic attacks were caused by some heavy antibiotics I had just been on. The antibiotics did such a great job they even helped kill much of the good bacteria in my digestive system. Great eh, my stomach was working on overload so bad that it was giving me anxiety attacks. Some hard to differentiate between heart attack symptoms and indigestion systems for an anxiety sufferer.....man I hate this crap...no pun intended.

Archimedis

Nightly Panic Attacks

Well the last couple nights haven't been too bad. I have been working nights again and have felt the onset of panic come on a couple times at work but have been able to control it. Still waiting for the cardiologist to call for my appointment for the stress test, I love my medical system but they are slow. Well I'm bout ready to head in to work, feeling a little anxious at the moment. Can't seem to leave the house without my bottle of lorazapam (just in case).

Archimedis

Nightly Panic Attacks

So I am still weening off the remeron, tonight I will miss a night and tomorrow night I will take 7.5 mg and do that for a week. That should do it, not feeling anxious as of late. I did have a holter monitor on all night last night, and today I have a 24 hour blood pressure monitor on which will come off tomorrow. Hopefully things are all fine I think I am begining to feel better due to all the testing I am having done, piece of mind is a great anxiety killer. The beta blocker seems to be stopping the paliptations, also lowering the anxiety as a result. I'm gonna kick this beasts butt again....

Ahtram

Nightly Panic Attacks

Wow, that's amazing that you and I have the same exact thing going on! I'd had surgery at the end of February so I was pumped with antibiotics. Afterward, I started experiencing constant "bathroom visits" and lost weight. So, for a person with anxiety problems, this did not help at all, thus the start of the panic attacks again. But I just went to the doctor and it is caused by c-diff colitis which is from all of the good and bad bacteria being wiped out of the GI. So, they put me on flagyl for 14 days and I feel so much better. My bathroom visits are regular now and I'm sure my weight will be fine again. So, I slept like a baby last night. For someone with anxiety issues, I MUST know why something is going on or else it'll be everything and anything I can think of in my mind. I'm happy for you because I know exactly how you feel. And if you're on the same thing I am, the meRAB will eventually slow down your visits to the restroom,lol...patience.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information