Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

Well the thing with the iPhone is Apple isn't going to leave it with a static feature set. It will be much easier for a company like Apple to add apps and capabilities to do things they think customers will want than it will be for nokia to revamp its entire user experience. Apple has been in the mobile handset business for less than 3 weeks now and even if you dismiss it as all hype, which I think would be a mistake, they have managed to make their presence felt in an all new market in an unprecedented way.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

I wonder how much (if any) of the "middle man" Apple gets to cut out of the update cycle.

Is it Apple releases an update direct to customers via iTunes, or will it be the usual "phone manufacturer releases update to carrier, who may or may not release it to the customer".

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

I posted a new thread but this seem appropriate for here as well:

www.christianlindholm.com

The Father of the S60 GUI comments on the iPhone's interface.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

Well all things that have to do with the phone's OS go through Apple and iTunes is the conduit. If you want to check for software updates or do a restore it all comes off of Apple owned servers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nokia N95/E90 Converts?

I see my post cause some anger among the n95 enthusiasts. LEt me clarify.

Although I liked the phone, all of what I said of the n95 is still true. Those that commented about my post really have no point of reference, becuase with no iphone in their hands, and onyl forum users to base their 'experience' on, they dont fit the bill of what this topic starter even asked. Buy an iphone, use it for a week and then come and see this topic. If not, do not talk to me about using an iphone 'theme', or how i needed to get the iphone on contract, because both are meanignless (no contract for me either). The phone is not just a pretty face, it is functional and intuitive. Who cares if it takes me '2 touches' to do the same thing that yuou have a shortcut for? I can remember how the rotating menu on the n95 would be slow and would be choppy for the first few seconds anyways, so who cares if it loads with one button tap. The iphone is so intuitive, and so much snappier and quick that I know that those who have complained about my post have not even used it. I can understand that some need the flexibility of symbian, which is fine, but do not tell me it is a better OS for the general people. Linux is a far more flexible platform then either windows or OSX, but you couldnt pay me to use it in place of OSX.

Iphones crash, but not often save for one or two peopel that find it neccesary to post it all over the forums. In fact, you show me a browser, mobile or not, that DOEST crash. I know 6 peopel with iphones, with the list growing, and none seem to have constant crashign problems. In fact in the two weeks i had my n95, i couldnt even count the number of times i couldnt open up an app, or it would just shut off.

oh, and if you cant use the browser one handed, I dont really understand why. I manage to do it all the time.

All I can say is before climbing down my throat because you dont agree with what Ive said, use an iphone for an extended period, and you will see why people like it so much. Its the combo of stability, ease of use, zero latency, intuitive functions and great form foctor (dont tell me its bgger, becuase once in your pocket it is half as obtrusive as an n95).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information