Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Cartoons that went from "Cool" To "CRAP"!

I disagree on both counts. I feel that with both the Tick and Animaniacs, the quality of the show was pretty consistant from the first to last episodes. In fact, I think the Tick wasn't on long enough to even Jump the shark. And I feel a lot of the stories they did on the WB Animaniacs were as funny, if not a little funnier than the fox shows. plus, leaving fox gave them the opertunity to make fun of Power Rangers, one of my favorite episodes ever. Only things I didn't like about A! was the Flame and that "wings take heart" cartoon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, obviously I agree with the original poster about Fairly Oddparents. Apparently a lot of other people do too. Its ratings have really hit the skids the last few months. Which I define as: karma!

As for Family Guy, since the show is basically about pushing the envelope and not about its characters, it doesn't surprise me that said characters have changed for the worse. Which begs the question: would it be funny if they changed for the better? Well, maybe, but the writing would have to improve like 1000%. Not gonna happen.

Foster's, to me, is a gem with many flaws, and those flaws are some of the characters it's added on as time's gone by, particularly Cheese and Goo. Both are annoying rather than funny IMO, and haven't added to the show's appeal one iota.

The Simpsons hasn't lost much of its heart, IMO, but it's lost some of its brain - it's not nearly as thoughtful as it used to be. I saw one of the older eps yesterday - the one about Lisa falling in love with her teacher, who's a sort of Dead Poet's Society/carpe diem type who is in stark contrast to Lisa's boorish father, which leads to a falling out between the two. The bit at the end, when Homer starts clowning around with Lisa to make her laugh, was very sweet (not to mention the part where he comforts Bart about losing the election for class president: "Would you have gotten paid? Would you have had to do more work? Well, then, who's the real loser, you or the kid who won? Let the baby have his bottle, that's what I always say!") Heh. I miss moments like those...

Say what you will about modern family guy...

But leave Sneakers out of this!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information