Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long can gold fish go without food?

When I'm on holidays, I've left my gold fish without food for no more than 2 weeks. They were always fine and always survived. This happens about 3x a year.

I went overseas for 6 weeks and I was very concerned about my fish knowing that it would be extremely stupid of me to expect these fish to survive for that long of time without food.

I went to the pet store and bought 2 3-week long term food things that release the food over time when the fish chew on it.

I came home and 3 were missing (presumably eaten), 2 were dead and 1 was still swimming around. The food hadn't been touched at all.

The last two weeks I went away, I felt bad for leaving my new lot off fish alone, so I took them to my parents. They were placed into the pond (even though I asked them to keep them in the tiny tank I brought around) and they were eaten by the larger goldfish.

Now in mid-December, I will be going away for 4 to 6 weeks. Obviously, I don't want to leave them with my parents again, and with that food not working last time... how can I have them survive that long if I don't have any friends/family/relatives in the area who are going to be around, to ask them to feed the fish?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well i wouldent leave them unfed for 2 days cuz it would be kinda crewll but they can proberly go 2 weeks without it but then they would be sick and sad little fish wen you thing about it you could live without food for 2 weeks but that doesnt mean dont eat for 2 weeks and it wiil feel good now would it? just buy a $10 tank from a sup[ermarket and givethem to friends to mind the simplest solution

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    about 2 weeks

i paid my brother to come over and feed them once a day.. and to come and turn on and off the lights..

also.. if you have a pond.. you should cover it so racoons and cats and other animals cant get to your fish... i found one of my big goldfish about 5 inches long got eatin head and left body in the water.. i'm assuming it was a cat....

get chicken wires... cats hates those.. but i just block my 30 gallon with a card board....

maybe you should bring them in the house and drop the food in.. maybe this time might work... they also have the food dispenser thing... its costly but if you're out most of the time then it should be worth it...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information