The pre-requisite for my current AP Calculus AB is Trigonometry/Analytic Geometry. All that is covered in this class was basic functions(Exponential, Logarithmic, Rational, etc) and trigonometry. Things like series, solid geometry, polar coordinates, parametric equations, vectors, matrices, ellipses, and other aspects of Pre-Calculus were not taught. I ended that class with a decent grade(89%.) Now, I'm reviewing for my Math II Sat II(the first time I got a 600) and I just can't seem to grasp the concepts as well as the details. I'm doing great in Calculus(96 so far), and it has been the first time I've ever loved math enough to learn it myself. I just can't seem to do well on the practice tests I've been taking: Sparknotes, Barron's, and the official Collegeboard one in the book. There are some things I know, somethings I know I should know, but worst of all about 1/3rd of the test is stuff I've never been taught. It is truly frustrating, yet I can't teach myself how to do these questions. I've tried looking at the explanations but they just go right over my head. Some of the methods in the book, would have never crossed my mind. I don't understand why it is so hard for me when Calculus is so easy in comparison. I have until the 28th to bring my 600 up to 700+; that is when the test is. How can I do this? Furthermore, I want to be the best I can at mathematics, because I plan to major in physics and go to graduate school to become a high energy physicist. Because of that, I don't want my foundations to be horrid like they seem to be right now.
Well horrid is probably an exaggeration, but I don't like to have gaps in my education. Eventually they will accumulate and the setbacks can be immensely detrimental.