Why did the White Sox build US Cellular Field in Bridgeport....it's the most boring neighborhood in all of chicago.

I heard that they almost made a deal with the Bears that they would renovate Soldier Field and make it the first good multipurpose stadium. (with seats that change directions based on whether its baseball or football) movable sections of bleachers to allow normal dimension for baseball. The deal fell through because the Bears were too hesitant and Chicago's Museum campus shares parking with soldier field and they thought that 81 baseball games would hog up all their parking to a level that it would hurt buisness.

A stadium proposal to be built along the Chicago river in the middle of downtown in a vacant lot that is still vacant to this day. Just think, they could have built a stadium like PNC Park and had water shots into the river.

I even heard of a proposal for a stadium to be built in the Suburb of Orland Park. The area around Orland is beautiful and there are three train stations within the suburb that would allow for easy commute from fans from the city.

So many possibilities but they picked Bridgeport and didnt even bother to have the stadium face the city and have the skyline as a backdrop.

Can somone explain this to me? am I missing something that would make the location make sense other than its accross the street from the old park.