Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heavy Metal Causes Violence

How do you feel about these statements in relation to heavy metal and hard rock?

In Vancouver, during a 30 minute Beatles performance, 100 people were stomped upon, gouged and assaulted. (Satan

That's easier said than done. When you're cramped in a tiny venue, the reality is some people are going to have to be on the inside of the outer ring... these are the people who the moshers end up mangling because they start to occupy more and more space as the show goes on.

And I have to go somewhere not too far from the front because I'm shorter and I can't see otherwise.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think metal does cause violence.

I bought Morbid Angels Blessed Are The Sick album a few years ago & after hearing it wanted to stamp on the CD & punch the face of the twat that recommended I waste

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

the Beatles and the Rolling Stones heavy metal lol.

Anyway, rock music still doesn't have shit on the holocaust, crusades, or the KKK.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Link a source or I call bull****.

haha this is great boo boo

"how much money do you make peddling this crap mr.zappa?

millions of dollars mr, novak, millions!"

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

violent films, tv shows, and music undoubtedly have an impact on violence in the real world. These things desensitize people from a young age and devalue human life. Therefore, children grow up not recognizing the extreme that taking someones one life or hurting them badly is. They don't realize that it has a real world effect. Well, it isn't that they dont realize it, its just that the effect that it has is not shocking anymore. We've become accustomed to hearing about murder and abuse so we don't think twice about it. This most likely explains why Voice_of_the_Soul121301 thinks that the torture of children en masse is natural. And that thier brutal deaths are inevitable, and justifiable as long as it benefits him.

maybe it seems like i was taking a cheap shot here, but i type my entire reply to this thread and realized how relevant that is. I see Voice of the Soul opine about nothing other than violent death/black/whatever-the f*ck you want to call it metal music, and find that his personal philosophies are almost certainly derived from this crap. Devaluing of human life, voice is a good example I think.

But, it is art and it shouldn't be censored.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, I suppose. Yeah, though I do like moshing every so often it bugs me when people start **** or try getting people involved when they clearly don't want to be.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ha ^

Just watching metalheaRAB headbanging to an earscreeching guitar wankfest has the same effect on me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was first exposed to violent horror films before I was ten. I was'nt encouraged to watch them, alternatively I was'nt banned from seeing them either. I was reading horror novels in my teens, as well as experiencing Metal music (the 80's). I can honestly say that media does NOT CAUSE violence. is it a contributing factor-of course. The human mind is not immune to violence, but if you are taught about cause and effect as you are growing up, then it put's everything into context. My kiRAB are taught right and wrong and show that attitude towarRAB others. Good parenting is essential.

I'm a huge film fan, and the argument of whether films cause violence comes up many more times, and it saddens me when media related sources are used as scapegoats for society's ills.

Of course there are exceptions, and some people are directly affected by the media they experience, but I would argue that there is some underlying mental problem in the first place.

Now where's my f[u]cking axe?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information