Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2005 Dodge Ram Hemi for $7000 questions about the hemi motor?

Hello I've found a 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi single cab long bed with 101,000 miles for $7000 just wondering if people think that's a good deal or not. I also would like to know if these trucks run pretty good and have power. I was told that the hemi motor takes the medium grade gas and special oil but I'm not sure. If anyone has this truck or knows about it tell me it will make my choice a lot easier because I keep my trucks for along time and I want to make sure this is the best for me,
    I would also like to know how much horsepower and torque these trucks have.

They run exceptionally well with 345 hp. Mid grade gas is recommended, but the manual says it will work perfectly well with 87 octane. I could not tell any difference mileage wise with 89. Not anything special about the oil, use any good brand 5w20. If the oil pressure seems low try 5w30.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Dodge Hemy is a pretty decent truck if it was taken care of. The engine is a re-designed configuration of the ones back in the late 50's and 60's. Only toady's design is with 2 plugs per cylinder, chain driven overhead cams (2 per head) instead of the old cam in block with push rods. And solid state direct ignition. All good improvements.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I'd don't own one, but I have known people who have. The hp rating is 345 and torque 375. They take regular fuel and require only regular oil. The gas mileage is pretty bad and doesn't give good reason considering that performance is menial. Mileage is 13 city/18 highway (listed). The people I know get 13 highway. 0 to 60 comes in around 8 seconds.
    Everyone I've met that had one got rid of it generally for the mileage and reliability issues. Lots of electrical issues with them. Mostly due to the poor assembly in Mexico. The quality control is known to be lousy down there. VW pulled out of Mexico not to long ago.
    I'd say if at all a Dodge, go for the diesel Cummins. It is by far one of the best engines in the world, know to average 1,000,000 miles without a rebuild. And even though I'm more of a Ford person, I think you'll be better off with a Chevrolet truck.
    Also just for trivia, the "Hemi" is really only a "semi-hemi." The heads are only slightly hemispherical, unlike the original.
    Good luck!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Dodge Hemy is a pretty decent truck if it was taken care of. The engine is a re-designed configuration of the ones back in the late 50's and 60's. Only toady's design is with 2 plugs per cylinder, chain driven overhead cams (2 per head) instead of the old cam in block with push rods. And solid state direct ignition. All good improvements.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information