so i have a 87 dodge dakota expecting it to get 10 mpg in town and it does but after driving it on the highway i did some research. While I drove it on the highway i got a whopping 27 MPG. So the fact the truck was only getting 10 in town made me think something was wrong. i looked on a few websites showing the the truck getting anywhere from 16 to 22 in town and 23-27 on the highway. I also asked around a heard they were really bad about blowing 02 sensors does anyone know why it might be getting so bad?
3.9 Litre 5 speed
I checked the EPA's website it said differently and most people i talk to said that's what there's got. this is about my fourth 5 speed never had a problem with shifting in the past.
Also Fuel economy .gov is horrible for old cars I had a 5 speed 89 nissan pulsar it told me i was going to get 24 in town and like 27 on the highway? I clearly got ATLEAST 30 in town rounding down my numbers and 40 on the Highway also ROUNDING DOWN.
ROFL a guy just told me to clean fuel injectors ? What fuel injectors its a 87 fuel injection did not exist.