Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotify & Invites

I couldn't understand criticising it beyond a certain point really, not when its currently free to use.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotify & Invites

Yeah I did notice you were one of the few who used it, but I thought more people would utilise the service (what with it being a music recommendation website, essentially). Your last point would explain this though!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotify & Invites

I'm sure I've noticed it before, but the feature I love is the ability to make Spotify album links.

This link opens "Sultans of Swing: The Very Best of Dire Straits" in your Spotify
    And this one plays the song "Tunnel of Love" from that album

It's pure genius!

I've included such links with every album I've reviewed when they've been available

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotify & Invites

Well couldn't we start something where people swap playlists? Or send recommended playlists or something. I think that would be awesome!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotify & Invites

Heya!

Most of you probably know Spotify. For those of you who don't, it's a media player-ish program reserabling the typical MP3 player that streams 160 kbps music over the internet. Lots of full albums have been made available there and playing it is just as fast as playing local files on my computer.

It's perfect when I have guests over who wants to listen to or show me some music I don't already have. That's when I use it the most. However, you can also get URLs to different songs and albums on Spotify and paste the links on a forum. People who click them will open the album or the song in the program. That makes it perfect for stuff like forum album reviews, just add links and people can have a quick listen to what you're writing about.

Link examples :

[URL=http://open.spotify.com/album/3ePJ30HPjy8VMXQqO9vqtG]This links to the compilation album "Solen over Nannestad - Sanger om D

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotify & Invites

I know subscriptions are back to invite only, but UK people can just go to https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/

and non UK people can PM me a username, an email address and a password and I'll make one for you, then you can just download and install, I think you need a UK person to sign into it once a fortnight, but I'll happily do it, and im sure some of the other brits with spotify would do it too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotify & Invites

I use Spotify when I can't find an album on the net but it's hit rate is 50/50 for me. I am also frustrated that it doesn't have recommendations for similar banRAB. Last. FM does but I only use that in archival/stats sense.

However Spotify has thrown up a few banRAB that I have got into and is easy to use, plus you can make playlists to dip into anytime without actually owning the tracks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotify & Invites

Same about the part when you can't find an album. I also use it to listen to albums I get recommended, and if I like them I'll download them so I can listen to it on my iPod! It's a win win situation, unless the album isn't there...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotify & Invites

Start it up Kayleigh. Ive thought about it before.

Either start it here or a new thread. A new thread wouldnt be inappropriate i dont think if it would be exclusively for posting or sharing playlists.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spotify & Invites

Could do it in here, see how it goes.. Just cause spotify is country limited at the moment.
    If it goes good then I don't see why a thread for it would go wrong

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information