I am 19 and finally am dating my first boyfriend. I didn't really start seeing guys until freshman year of college and they were mostly hookups, and I had sex with only one guy over the summer twice, and it barely even counted because he was an asshole and it was just a very short fling.
Anyway, my boyfriend who I have been dating for over a month now have talked about his ex-girlfriend a few times. He dated her for a year and a half, lost his virginity to her, and they did all kinds of things together. Talking about it really hurt and upset me. I hate imagining doing all of the things she has done with him/for him that I do too. I hate thinking that I'm probably not the first girl he has taken home. We have been progressing sexually and I don't even want to touch him anymore thinking that she's been there. I feel absolutely disgusted and although I have feelings for him it's so intense that I just want to dump him. He says they cut off all communication, I'm prettier, he's with me now so it doesn't matter, I'm his only, and blah blah....but it hardly reassures me. I feel disgusted and jealous especially since for me almost everything we do is my first time and it's probably a lot more special and memorable for me. I hate thinking that he was with another girl for that long and probably genuinely loved her.
Has/Is anyone else in this situation and what can I do?