Back in April I went through a breakup...before I met my ex, I was content being single. He was so serious and confident when pursuing me and he was sincere in a committment w. me. After a short lived relationship, he just gave up. No 3rd party, just quit bc he felt "selfish". I'm usually someone who's easygoing, naturally happy and confident but that break up really tested who I was and I went through a phase where I was insecure/lost/desperate for a while...I wasn't me. I put all my energy into work...and through there...i just started to re-group. I focused on work, had fun with friends...did all these hobbies i wanted to do and got back into working out again. My family was also planning a trip to hawaii - a needed break from everything i was going through. All that working out lead me to routine and by the time i was there, had the bikini body After the trip, I came back w. a stronger sense of self and so much love for me (fr. my family). It was one of those unexpected soul searching trips.I came back fr. that trip as a new person.

I haven't seen/talked to my ex since april. Friends/family have said the "real" reason why he broke up w. me was bc he felt insecure - he didn't feel like a "man" or needed like one. We're both 24 yet i'm much more independent/ambitious than he was and I think he expected me to be someone I wasn't (dramatic, clingy, needy...the kind of gf who wanted her bf to buy her everything and i'm NOTHING like that). When I got back fr. my trip i heard he "downgraded completely" from me to this girl who's SUPER young. Over the weekend, my best friend bf (who is related to him) suggested to stop by at his house party. I made an effort for the past 6 months not to see him and i was torn. ONE, he's an ex - i got nothing to do w. him therefore I should just go straight home BUT then again, if it really doesn't matter then I should go...and besides, I look really good in my halloween costume time to face my fear, right? I ended up going bc i really had to use the bathroom but here's the thing: it was the best thing that could happen to me after all this suffering. I told them to let him know ahead of time (since it's been a while) and i didn't want to be disrespectful and just "show up". My friend told him I was there and he just said, "yeah okay... i don't care, i don't care". I saw him and i was surprisingly polite and normal, as if I just saw him yesterday. He (on the other hand), seemed out of his element but trying to keep his "i don't care" mode. I gave him a quick side hug and we both said, "hi, how are you..." After that I caught up w. his friends and i'm sorry (don't mean to sound cocky) but all his friends (guys and girls) moved fr. the room he was in to where I was at and we were genuinely happy to talk and see each other. Even his best friend left his (and the girl's) side and they spent the rest of the night talking and hanging out w. me Thing w. my ex is he's a friendly guy and is known to be friendly whenever he runs into his exes but w. me, he just had a slowed/delayed reaction...not "happy" to see me but not "angry" either...just blank. When I thanked him and wished him a good night as I left, he still had that delayed reaction...not even normal...it's all "acting" as if he didn't care but I know he was probably dumfounded. I look at him and he's never changed and I can just imagine he was probably shocked (?) he saw me...I'm a completley different person now. I've changed and my whole life has changed. I'm on my way to getting my nursing degree, have a hospital job, i'm so much more confident/wise, in control, I look better...Also, his friends/family said that he hasn't been dating this girl that long and he "randomly" just posted a picture of the 2 of them the day after he had seen me....they're not even touching or affectionate...just standing next to each other w matching costumes...WHY WAS HE ACTING LIKE THIS?