...wash hair, a good combo? I heard that a hot shower isn't good for the skin as it dries it out, which is interesting, because I have dry skin, and I take hot showers..

BUT, isn't it also true that you can't exactly clean the body using cold water as well as using hot water?

Since cold water is good for the skin, and hot water isn't, wouldn't it be a wise choice to wash the body with soap using hot water, and then switch to cold to rinse the skin and wash the hair with shampoo?

Also, if cold water on the skin is good for you, would it also be good for the face?
I have a naturally dry face, and I usually wash it separately from a shower (after), instead of that, can I use cold water and wash it while showering for a better effect?

I am going to try this theory out in the morning to see the results, but for now I would like all of you to state your opinion.

What I plan on doing is:

Regular morning workout, prior to a shower

1. Open up my pores with hot water and wash the body completely (using a scrubby and Moisturizing Body wash)

2. Switch to cold to quickly wash the hair with shampoo and then gently rinse the body

3. Get out of the shower, and immediately moisturize the body.