Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    broken|smile

2007 Academy Awards Discussion

I just watched Babel and I will be devastated if it won best picture, it is no way better than the other movies Ive seen! and I did not like the scenes in Japan, they were irrelevant to the story and the ending didnt come together as much as Id hoped it would, there are so many possibilities in a movie with a mixed up time and Babel used the easiest one.
    Is Rinko really deaf? cause if she isnt then she did a marvelous job acting, but Im not sure it was oscar-worthy, I just expected so much more from that movie!
    It was actually one of the only Brad Pitt performances that I liked.

broken|smile

No I didnt notice anything, what kind of tension do you mean?

Didnt Jack Nicholson present last years best picture? why did they give it to him again?

You know what, I feel the same way.

Ryan-Marissa

I think that guy from the departed should of one!

jackiehydelover

Maybe it's just me but I really don't want Eddie and Jennifer to win at the Oscars... Obviously they will but I really feel as though they shouldn't. For Supporting Actress it should go to ANYONE but Jennifer. All the other actresses mostly Abigail Breslin were a thousand times better than her. And for Supporting it should be Alan Arkin or Mark Wahlberg (only because I haven't seen Little Children or Blood Diamond)... They also are a thousand times better than Eddie. I'm really happy DG wasn't nominated for best picture... But hey it's only my opinion.

daritah

Me too. The rest of the night didn't had anymore surprises... it would have had if Little Miss Sunshine had won.

I loved the three directors up there, and the fact that they were the ones to give Scorcese his Oscar, it makes it all very enjoyable. We don't have pictures from that already?

I saw that... it really was weird.

Quarterley

I wanted Mark to win too but I guessed Eddie. :lol:

*=LadyLove=*

thanks! i actually haven't seen Blood Diamond yet so i'd rather he was nominated for the Departed since he was brilliant in it how about you?

speaking of the Departed, anyone else surprised Jack Nicholson wasn't nominated? he seems to be an Oscar favorite so him not getting a nom was pretty unexpected. i'm rooting for Mark Wahlberg though

jackiehydelover

I'm a film student and a lot of my professors vote for who receives Oscars. I was talking to one of them about the Crash vs. BBM debate and he had this to say...

The Academy voters are mostly older (think 50s-100s) and the only reason that Crash won was because of well... Homophobia. These older voters aren't going to vote for the gay cowboy movie. They figured that the race issues film was a good enough alternative.

I have to agree with him and my other professors who said the same thing. Crash has been done before and a lot of films... And much better in those films. Now I'm not trying to start an argument but I just had to let it be known. No matter how much the world has changed its going to take longer for a film like BBM to win Best Picture.

Nayden-fan868

Leo did okay in The Aviator. The movie was so drawn out and boring that I didn't really feel his performance.

Rockstar, you avie is killing me :thud::sigh:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information