Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Christians are evil because HISTORY shows it!" Don't you agree?

//sarcastic question; I totally disagree

What's the deal with all the stupid arguments over whether religion or atheism has caused more violence in history? How the heck does that prove that religion is evil?

For example, why do some people automatically assume A over B?
    A) Religion breeds violent people.
    B) Stupid violent people are naturally drawn to religions that are generally followed by logical peaceful people. (or, by chance, a violent person may've simply been born into a peaceful religious family)

Is there something I'm not seeing? Why are people here arguing that "religion must be evil because history shows it"?
    Ever321- I'm not singling out anyone. Did you even read the question?
    Losasha- I wish you would read the question you numbskull. I'm a Christian, arguing IN FAVOR of Christians such as yourself. So don't tell me to read some stupid book until you've read my question.

Meghan W
    People who say that just want to tar Christians with a guilt by association argument. There's no great mystery about it.

seasnake
    I don't think its History's fault

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you not Heard of the battle for Jerusalem?people fought for the "Holy land" People fought for something they don't even know exists they were killing each other it was a "righteous war" to claim the land in the name of their Religion.RELIGION CREATES WAR.

Venyx
    Religion is not evil, people are. Atheist kill, isn't that proof enough that religion doesn't have anything to do with Human evil.

The Truth of a Genius:
    Hitler didn't kill for Catholicism, he killed for himself. How do I know this?Because he order the execution of millions of Catholics. Just like your saying that Stalin didn't kill in the name of Atheism, Hitler didn't kill in the name of Catholicism.

scotgirl60
    History doesn't show that religion is evil - it shows that some people were evil. Further, history as we know it, was often written by people with a bias, anyway.

And it doesn't allow for the fact that political and cultural systems often superceded the religious implications of violence, as did the fight for resources.

Ever321
    Hey don't just single out Christians.

Humans in general.

Yes...

There's nothing you're missing, people are generalizing, religion gets a stigma, and so on.

Losasha
    I STRONGLY DISAGREE-----I wish you unbelievers would cease your ramblings and read up on your own leaders that committed massacres----JOSEPH STALIN AND POL POT DEFINITELY COME TO MIND-

Anonymous #265
    Yes, there are evil religious people, and there are evil atheists.

However, the evil religious people DID commit evil in the name of their religion and its supernatural entity.

*There has NEVER been any evil committed in the name of atheism.

*If there are, it would be miniscule compared to religion.

Edit:
    Sexism, racism, nationalism, imperialism, and the divine rights of kings; are they not evil?

TECHNICALLY, they could be good. However, we know what their true colors are.

The same with religion. TECHNICALLY, it could be good, but history proves otherwise.

The Truth of a Genius
    History shows that there are evil Christians.
    Losasha: Yeah, but neither of them did what they did for religious (or in their case, irreligious) beliefs. Hitler, on the other hand, was a very strong Catholic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information