Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    alli

Career in outdoor/nature photography?

I am a photography major at my high school, work on the school newspaper, am in several other art related clubs, and do all the photography work for them.....im really trying to put myself in a good position for a career in the photography field. I am starting to look at colleges, and it is quite overwhelming! I have always dreamed of working for a magazine like Home & Garden as a nature photographer, or something along those lines, and was wondering if anyone knew what i should major in to be a nature (flowers, plants etc.) photographer for a magazine, how difficult it is to find a job like that & how to go about getting one, and any suggestions of colleges that may be a good fit for this type of career?! thanks in advance for your help!

fhotoace
    I does not matter which school you attend as long as they teach you how to use your camera, anywhere any time and under any circumstances without having to think too much once you have learned all the basics.

Look forward to shooting for a lot of newspapers and general magazines before you have made enough money to support your wildlife and nature preference. You have picked one of the two most expensive freelance fields of photography ... sports and wildlife.

They demand you own two of the most expensive lenses made to day, the 400 mm f/2.8 and 600 mm f/4. and of course you will be using either 35 mm SLR's and/or full frame DSLR cameras to boot.

See George Lepp's link:

http://www.geolepp.com/

Notice his camera and lens ... it is but one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information