Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Patrick D

09 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition(lease) vs 09 Mazda 3 (lease) vs 09

Honda Accord coupe LX-S(purchase)? 09 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition(lease)
    09 Mazda 3 (lease)
    09 Honda Accord coupe LX-S(purchase)
    *I would get an automatic

Ok here are my options. I am deciding between leasing the Legacy or mazda3(24 month leases), or buying the accord.

-I think the legacy seems like the best lease deal at this point. they have a special lease( $159/month, $2k down, for 24 months). For that you get alot of standard features(17 inch rims, power everything, moonroof, upgraded audio system, AWD). sporty look. 170hp
    -mazda3 : 156hp, 2nd most fun to drive. sporty look, 17 inch rims, compact. probably dont get as many features as legacy. They got good lease specials on 08 Mazda3 sedans(ex: saw one in the paper a few weeks ago for 08 grand touring for 199/month, 2k down, 24 months. ) but i'd prefer the 5 door. At this point virtually 08 mazda 3 5 doors are all gone so i'd have to go for 09.
    - Accord: 190hp, Looks the best, most fun to drive. Realistically i would get the accord between $21-22k. i'd be putting a down payment and financing for 60 months. Only thing i could say i dont like about it is its a long car for a coupe.

In the beginning I was all about buying the Accord. Then the option of leasing a car for 2 years doesnt like a bad idea either. I can drive a car for 2 years, return it and buy something later. Plus it wouldn't be hurting me too much on the wallet. Another reason I would have for waiting on purchasing at this point would be anything can happen in 2 years. I can possibly see myself making more money down the road(promotion, better job) then I would be able to afford a $30k car instead of a $20-22k car.
    The insurance on the accord and mazda are virtually the same. I assume the legacy would be less if not the same. the Mazda and accord are probably the sportiest ones while the Legacy while it still looks sporty is targeted as family sedan. im 25 and would be the only one driving the car.
    To sum it up, I could get a good lease deal on the Subaru right now or I could wait till they have lease specials on a mazda 3 5 door(im sure they would once the new year hits) or could TRY to get a better deal on the accord say at the end of the year.
    Any advice, suggestions, and opinions would be great. Thanks in advance!

Jason M
    The Accord Coupe is hot.. the Subaru and Mazda3.. not so much.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information