Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cannot Download from the Gnutella Network

I have tried and tried with several different clients, several different home network configurations and even taking my firewall completely off of my computer and router and still I can only connect to the network with Morpheus and even then I can only view search results. I can't download at all. The other clients dont even connect to the network. Any ideas?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess there is a chance your ISP is blocking/filtering p2p sharing programs.

Can you give us a total desciption of your set up:
    1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)
    2. What firewalls you have?
    3. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?
    4. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)
    6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
    7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)?
    8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
    9. Who is your isp provider (Internet Service Provider)?
    10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am running Windows XP Pro on one machine and XP Home on the other. The only firewalls are the ones that come with XP SP2 and my router has a firewall as well. I opened the ports that the p2p clients use on my router and the Windows firewall, made no difference. Then I turned off all 3 firewalls, still, made no difference. I went to http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ and it said "Your Test Worked!". I have a cable internet connection. My cable modem is some generic no-name brand that came with the purchase of the high speed connection. My router is a Belkin 2.4Ghz 802.11b model# F5D6231-4 wireless router. I am connectiong from my home. My internet goes from my cable box to the cable modem, then from the modem to the router via cat5 ethernet cable, the signal is then sent via more cat5 to one computer from the router and sent wirelessly from the router to the other computer. Limewire 4.9 with JRE 5.0 Update 4. My ISP is Midco and they claim that they are not blocking/filtering ANY P2P programs (although I have suspected this all along). Any ideas?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information