Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you recommend any books with drama and mostly teen romance?

I would like to read a book where the main character is a girl and has drama and teen romance. No fantasy like Twilight. I also would like it if it took place in school but nothing like the movie High School Musical. It'd be really great if the two main characters had a difficult past. Thank you!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i got this book out of one of those stupid scholastic books fair things, but i liked it... it was called "eighth grade bites" by heather brewer
    my whole class read it, they liked it...

the main character is a guy...tho
    hes like goth
    hes 'half vampire'
    he lives with his aunt cause his parents died when he was like 8, i think :P
    either way, i liked it

Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson sounds like what you're looking for. I didn't like it, but I think someone who likes what you do might. : )

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Stolarz it's very good!

Until three months ago, everything about sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades; an okay relationship with her parents; and a pretty cool part-time job at an art studio downtown. But when Ben, the mysterious new guy, starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes far from ordinary.

Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe he's trouble, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. Instead she's inexplicably drawn to Ben...and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help – but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something...but he's not the only one with a secret.

"A boy to admire from afar, a girl you want to befriend, a novel to
    keep you turning the pages because you won't know who to trust. Laurie Faria Stolarz's DEADLY LITTLE SECRET is a blend of mystery, chills, and forbidden touches--one captivating story you have to experience." - Kelly Parra, author of INVISIBLE TOUCH

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name All the Animals by Alison Smith
    Burned by Ellen Hopkins
    What My Mother Doesnt Know by Sonya Sones
    A Walk To Remember -Nicholas Sparks

Mini Alice Cullen
    The Twilight Saga....Really good!

summary here:

Twilight
    Main article: Twilight (novel)

Bella Swan moves from Phoenix, Arizona to live with her father in Forks, Washington to allow her mother to travel with her new husband, a minor league baseball player. After moving to Forks, Bella finds herself involuntarily drawn to a mysterious, handsome boy, Edward Cullen. She eventually learns that he is a member of a vampire family who drink animal blood rather than human. Edward and Bella fall in love, but James, a sadistic vampire from another coven, is drawn to drink Bella's blood. Edward and the other Cullens defend Bella. She escapes to Phoenix, Arizona, where she is tricked into confronting James, who tries to kill her. She is seriously wounded, but Edward rescues her and they return to Forks.

New Moon
    Main article: New Moon (novel)

Edward and his family leave Forks because he believes he is endangering Bella's life. Bella falls into a deep depression, until she develops a strong friendship with werewolf Jacob Black. Jacob and the other wolves in his tribe must protect her from Victoria, a vampire seeking to avenge her mate James' death by killing Bella. A misunderstanding occurs, and Edward believes Bella is dead. Edward decides to commit suicide in Volterra, Italy, but he is stopped by Bella and Alice, Edward's sister. They meet with the Volturi, a powerful coven of vampires, and are released on the condition that Bella be turned into a vampire in the near future. Bella and Edward are reunited, and the Cullens return to Forks.

Eclipse
    Main article: Eclipse (novel)

The vampire Victoria (James's mate from Twilight) has created an army of "newborn" vampires to battle the Cullen family and kill Bella. Meanwhile, Bella is forced to choose between her relationship with Edward and her friendship with Jacob. Edward's vampire family and Jacob's werewolf pack join forces to successfully destroy Victoria and her vampire army. In the end, Bella chooses Edward's love over Jacob's and agrees to marry him.

Breaking Dawn
    Main article: Breaking Dawn

Bella and Edward are married, but their honeymoon is cut short when Bella discovers she is pregnant. Her pregnancy progresses rapidly, severely weakening her. She nearly dies giving birth to her and Edward's half-vampire-half-human daughter, Renesmee, but Edward injects Bella with his venom to save her life by turning her into a vampire. A vampire from another coven sees Renesmee and mistakes her for an "immortal child", whose existence violates vampire law, and informs the Volturi. The Cullens gather vampire witnesses who can verify that Renesmee is not an immortal child. After an intense confrontation, the Cullens and their witnesses convince the Volturi that the child poses no danger to vampires or their secret, and they are left in peace.

Caelyn
    Yes! Wow, I have the perfect book.
    It's called "Wake" by Lisa McMann, and it's about this girl called Janie that can see into other people's dreams. Both her and the guy, Cabel, have "difficult" pasts. Janie's dad left her, I'm pretty sure, and her mom doesn't really care about her, and drinks all the time. Cabel has had an abusive past which I don't want to spoil the story at all.
    They're both in high school, there's nothing musical, and it has nothing about vampires! (There's a ton of high school drama, and there's definitely some sparks between Janie and Cabel!)
    This turned out to be a very interesting book, and I really loved it. It's one of my top fives!
    I hope I helped!

Kurt
    try Romeo and Juliet

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information