I just bought studded tires on Universal rims. The bolt pattern for my jetta is 5 x 100 so the rims fit on fine (in terms of bolt pattern lining up). I put a tire on the car and everything was O.K.

The concern is that Volkswagens have a round protrusion that comes out from the rotor and the volkswagen rim slides over this and the rim rests on this protrusion/guide? This makes it so that you do not have to hold the wheel up while you are putting on the bolts (SInce the bolts are put into the discs versus most others cars were the bolts/threads come out from the car and you only need to put on the lug nuts).

So the universal rims fit around this protrusion but there is space all around it. The holes line up and everything seems fine but I am worried that the protrusion is needed to offset weight in some way?

Please tell me I am O.K. and that the universal wheels will fit....

HELP
Thank You AVail (first repsonse)......Your are correct...I am not mad. I just dont know the terminology. I need the spigot ring that you have suggested and then I should be good. I was refering to the center bore thingy you mentioned. Suggestions on where I find this and how I measure it. I am assumiong I use a caliper and measure the diamtere of the center bore and then measure for the opening on the new rim. subract the dfference and that will be my thickness needed (making sure I get the correct diameter though for overall size of ring)

Yes/no maybe?

Thanks
Sorry AIVal (spelling of name)

Just wanted to add that after finding the difference in diameter I would still need to split it in half.

So if my overall center bore of the new rim is say 10 cm and the center bore from the car itslef is 8 cm....then I would need a spigot ring that is 1 cm in thickness and 10cm in overall diameter
SECOND RESPONDER:

To calrify, are you saying if my new rims in fact line up exactly with the bolt pattern (both are 5 x 100mm) and I CAN screw in the bolts....then I have nothing to worry about (provided of course the rims/tires etc are all the correct specs)?