Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Getting pacific channels in Alberta

Wondering with the new NHL season coming up I would like to be able to watch the Canucks on Sportsnet Pacific. I have a account set up on Vancouver Island but work all winter in Alberta. Can I take one of my recievers with a new smart cards to Alberta and plug it in to an exsisting Bell set-up in a shack (camp)? Seems like the smart cards marry themself to the recievers so just bringing the smart card is not an option. Thanks in advance.

Pinza

The "official" answer is NO.

But if you don't tell them, neither will I.......

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I would take it from your response that it is able to be done but Bell does not OK it. Just like using a SW44 and SW44A for set up of 5 or more units. Am I correct?

taxtwit

I think Pinza is talking about "account splitting", which Bell regards to be any situation where a receiver that is associated with one address is being used at a second address. Most common scenario involves setting up a second dish at the cottage. Lots and lots of threads on this. IIRC, Bell sort of condones using a receiver at a second address, although you're supposed to call them and have them deactivate all other receivers at address 1 before you start watching a receiver at address 2 - most people don't bother.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question is if I bring a receiver from my home on Vancouver Island will I get the Sportsnet Pacific at a location in Alberta. Don't care about what Bell likes or dislikes just want to know if it will work. Thankyou.

JB47

Whatever programming you have enabled will stay with the receiver. Bell TV has no way to know that your location has changed unless you tell them.

Pinza

Exactly right JB47.

Just move it and say nothing, enjoy.

kandkt

I believe everyone who subs to Sports 1 gets all four feeds of Sportsnet. I live in Alberta and get all four feeds.

Baal

Yes that's true, but the poster wants the Pacific feed for Canucks games, which would be blacked out if his official location was in Alberta.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, Baal that is the whole reason I am enquiring about this. I am tired of watching Oilers / Calgary games on Sportnet West. Then seeing my Canucks blacked out in Alberta on Sportsnet Pacific. I can listen to them on XM radio but is better if I can watch them. Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information